Followers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Patina Technique

 This week the challenge  


Follow the technique as it's written in A Compendium of Curiosities 2 on page 58 (adding your own special flair, of course!), and clearly state that the technique comes from Tim's book.

So I thought about it for a while and then started to make my paper... I did it the way the book said to do it, but I cheated and added some Copper too... love it...
 Generally when I make Patina paper I have a lot of trouble with it and always resort to adding things... LOL.. and I did this time too... I used an 8.5 X11 glossy sheet and I had enough to cover this box...  I did paint the inside of the box...  BLACK... and the reason for that was that I didn't want the paper to go all the way to the edges... I wanted it to look like an inlay of sorts...  because the paper is torn, I had to use a black marker to go over the edges...   I guess it will go into my box of Christmas presents for the coming year... the box is about 3 X 5 inches... and it has that lovely faucet knob on the top... love it...  WOW... had fun with this...   


As I was cleaning up, I had a few extra scraps of paper... and I do mean scraps... and so I used the flower die and cut me some flowers out of the scraps... and was going to put them on to the box... but I decided to make a tag instead...  




 So for the background of the tag, I stamped the leaves (which I made my own stamps for) using olive archival ink... and then clear embossed them... then took the dried up old felt with some alcohol solvent on it... and created the background!!!  LOVE IT... wow.... a new thing to do...  then I used my great gauze stamp... and did the edges...  


I hand wrote the sayings...  




 JOY IS NOT IN THINGS.....


IT'S  IN    US!!!!  




How very true is that...  

So I put an extra little black flower behind the stacked patina ones... and then a brad... hammered the brad.. which felt good... and then was DONE!!!! 

This box and tag is of course for the Studio L3 challenge...  one of the necessary things to also make sure you do is to link to TIM'S site...   as I have used all of the supplies that he lovingly creates...  

Hope you have a wonderful day... and thanks so very much for stopping by for a visit...  see you tomorrow... I hope... 
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie  

14 comments:

  1. You're fast! =) Your projects turned out wonderfully. Great idea to cut flowers out of the scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Bonnie that was quick!! Love both your projects & your blog is fab, I love your style :D
    Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just lovely, Bonnie! Love how your faux patina turned out! Hope you have a wonderful weekend ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your take on this week's challenge. You did your own stamps and made an interesting collage. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that patina look. Fantastic job on both projects. TFS & many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the challenge - love both the box and the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, your box is beautiful and so is the tag. Love what you did with the flowers and I got a great laugh about the brad hammering feeling good. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bonnie, WoW fast and fabulous, love what you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, you're so talented! The box is just stunning-- truly a treasure, and the tag is gorgeous, too. You are the Queen'a of Faux Patina, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The panting is perfect and a clever idea to make it look like an inlay. Great job on the faucets and flowers, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your faux patina papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great use of the faux patina technique. Love that box and what a cool handle and your tag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both your tag and box!

    ReplyDelete