Followers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter Eggs ?????

 I am sure that you have all not only seen these but also used them in a few 'crafty' ways...  Well I had some of my dear friends over a few days prior to Easter and we made so many fun and Wonderful things... we all had to bring a few things to the table...  and we all did... 
This one just sort of evolved... as we were talking about these wonderful eggs that another friend... Kim by name had made.. they were so perfect in all ways... 
 They too were plastic eggs... but she had a secret and we  knew the secret... but we didn't have what it took...  


Anyway... Sande and Marie ran up to Sande's house to get the multi colored plastic eggs... LOL.. 
 Meanwhile, I dragged out the alcohol inks.. and a few blenders with felt pads... and we all had a blast...  I think everyone made at least one... 


But you see... I can not be satisfied with just making one... I had to figure out how to get an egg that I really liked... and so.... up to the Dollar store I went the next day!!!!  
 I bought a dozen the size of a regular egg... and then a dozen that were about twice the size... Oh man... was I going to have FUN... 


And I did...  
I had to open the French doors... as I can't stand the smell of the inks... but that was okay... it was a glorious day... nice and warm and sunny... took the smell right out of the room... 




 I got a lot of them made... and was thrilled with each and everyone of them... 


But then reality set in... what the heck was I going to do with all these eggs... ???? REALLY what was I thinking when I did all these eggs... other than to have a blast and use some of my alcohol inks???  


Oh.... I forgot to send my Mom's Easter card on time... I was so busy that I forgot... so I decided to put a FEW into something else and send it to her... come back tomorrow to see what I put it in... so cute too.. 


Anyway I wanted to add a little something
to each egg... and I am also trying to use up things in my studio... so I remembered the gold stickers... I think I bought enough for the rest of my life... and I most likely will not use all that I bought... ever in a million years...  

So on they went... I had a blast creating each egg to look entirely different... 

I also decided to send a few to another friend who will love making these too... she lives in Michigan...  and is recovering from Back surgery... so this will be a fun thing for her to do for next Easter.  

I hope that you have a super nice day... and thanks so very much for stopping by for a little EASTER spirit... a little late... but hey... put this into your to do list book for next year.. they are fun to do... and so many other ways to decorate them too...  they look like marble when you see them... or maybe alabaster... anyway... they don't look like the plastic ones... that is for  sure..

Have fun... See you tomorrow...  Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie    

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, SO very pretty, and every year, I say "I'm gonna do that this year", and haven't yet. The stickers are outstanding, and make the eggs so special. I bet your Mama just loved them. You're a good daughter. TFS. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete