Followers

Friday, August 3, 2012

Zendala #17 what a fun week....

This has been one of those weeks where I have gotten a lot of things done and also had time to play... love it when that happens.... I am crossing some huge things of my to do list... and that really makes me happy...  

One of the things that I really have to get busy with is my quilting... as I have to have this art quilt ready for the cooler weather... YIKES... it will be here before we know it...  

Each square is 22 inches of muslin and of course I have created each panel...  you can look at the other squares by clinking on the "Quilt" on the left had side of this blog...  there are others there...  if you missed them...  

So today I decided that my spare time would be doing a square with TANGLES.... love it...  I also colored it...  and it will be great in this quilt... I think I will do about 10 of them... this quilt has to huge... as the doors of my studio are huge... French doors, with two side ones...  large space that lets a lot of cooler air in, but only in the winter... LOL.. .wouldn't mind if it was NOW....  

Oh well... here is the panel I made on Wednesday...  

 I love the tangle Mi2... just can't stop doing it... everything around has it on it now... I have to stop doing that  habit of doodling on everything around...  


Anyway...  I didn't start to take

I got these little flowers in... and had to see what the color intensity was going to be like... I want this bright and cheery... as this is going to be on the inside of my studio... so nothing dark and dreary...  it has to be bold and bright...  






 pictures until I got to this point... sorry about that... I drew the tangle and then started to color the tangle...  


I will be adding some more dimension... but for now this is how far I got...  




 I love the colors... they are nice and bright.. so these panels will continue to make a statement... that is for sure... 
 This is what the first layer of paints... or I should say colored pencils is like... I did use my inktense pencils.. .I love them..  I do have to add more color.. but wanted to allow this to sink into my head as to what more I am going to do with it...  I think of so many things AFTER I finish something.. that this time I am waiting until I think of it ... then I will do it...  I want to bring the two sections together more... and will do that with another color... any suggestions... ??  I am open to maybe trying it... Thanks for the input... I really appreciate it...  

Well that is as far as I got on that this week...  

I also got a few other tangles done... practicing things... loving it all.. doesn't matter, as long as I tangle...  

So here is the Zendala #17 Challenge... Erin has asked that we think about a particular person in our own lives that cancer has effected and create the zendala with them in mind...  so I created this one for my Dad...  


 My Dad crossed over in the year 2000... he was a man that loved flowers... and his very favorite ones were gladiolas... and the apricot colored ones were his favorite of all.. Now I have a funny story to tell about these bulbs... we lived on Oak Tree Lane... which had quite a few Oak trees....  and they require that a lot of squirrels live there too... as the more acorns there were... the more squirrels there  were to eat them all... well they ate other things too... like gladiola bulbs...  one year my dad went to plant his bulbs and the squirrels had eaten them all... I though my dad was going to loose it... he was a very soft person... and didn't let out anger at all... so this was very rare... so he went out and bought new ones.. and gladiola bulbs were kept in the basement of the house from then on...   Anyway... this is for you Dad...  
 I got do involved in doing this, that I did a journal page on it... I cut my zendala out... and then adorned the pages...  






 My Dad was always cold.. so I made the pages warm...  with a tree in the background...  he loved trees too...   


His very favorite sweater was yellow... and so the yellow is a prominent color too....  


 His name was Warren Leadlie Nelson... and had many words of wisdom to share with me during his life time... I didn't always listen to his words when he spoke them... but I hear them all Dad... so don't worry the wisdom didn't get lost... and I hear quite a few every day of my life...  


I made the flower from a baby wipe...  I love making them... and wanted it to look like a gladiola... close enough...  


I send my love to my Dad... 



 Here is a close up of the Zendala on the colored page.... they look so different with other colors behind them... 












 Here is a picture of my Dad taken on one of my parents many trips... this was taken in Canada somewhere... he loved the flowers there too...  


His pants are not pink... he was a very prim and proper man... khaki pants was the casual dress for him...  but most of the time he had on a shirt and tie... and also a sport jacket... he was a CEO with Texaco for over 55 years...  







This is another one that I did... it is to represent the LOVE that is being sent to all the people all over the world that are having to deal with this dreadful experience... either first hand, or with someone close to them... Also to all that have been taken already... I send my love to you all...  


Thanks for stopping by for a visit today.. and I hope that you have a very pleasant evening and week-end... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 







11 comments:

  1. wow
    very beautiful the journal page!!!!
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your entry in honour of your dad is great Bonnie. But also your quilt is wonderful, so unique.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing the picture of your Dad. Your Zendala's were amazing and the associations you made to your father in the Tangles were perfect choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the quilt also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great work! Your dad will be very proud and honored your made this tribute to him I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All are very beautiful - thank you for sharing some lovely memories you have of your beloved dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preciosos los dos. Me encanta la historia que has contado de tu padre, muy tierna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tribute to your Dad is lovely and the second one is also gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have really put some thought and love into your tiles and their beauty is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful bonnie, i love what you did with your dad's zendala and the journal page - and your quilt/wall-hanging is going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Bonnie, you have me in tears....such a beautiful tribute!! And the journal page idea is brilliant. I LOVE your quilt!! That's going to be gorgeous when it's all done! Loved reading about your dad, too =0)

    ReplyDelete