Followers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Can you find the CAT???


This month on Altered Alice we have the honor of having Dilly Beans as our sponsor...  So you will see some really cute digital images here... 




 Before I show you the finished page, I am going to walk you thru the process...as I get so many questions about how I built a particular page etc.. so here are the facts... 
I started off with my favorite paper of all times... white CARD Stock!!!   nd I stamped some rubber stamps that I had made... I use so many leaves in my art, that these are amoug my fav's...  some archival Olive ink.. and that was done... then I used some Twinking H20's and colored the background...  I love this kind of look...  It is muted but great for the background of this active colorful page... 

Here is a close up of the leaves 
I also used a stencil with a gold dabber to create the branches...  
Sorry I didn't take a picture prior to adding all the other things...   

I have just gotten bitten by the Zen Tangle bug... and can't seem to stop doing everything in Tangles... LOL.. but I love it... so I had to add something to this challenge that I did in a tangle...  so here is my tree...  the 'snake' looking things are really suppose to be roots of the tree... oh well... I get carried away a little bit...  

I did this with a micron pen and then added color pencil to it.. . and then cut it out for this journal page... as I needed the separated limbs for something....   

Here is a close up of the branch... so that you can see all the little circles, and the leaves...  

Also the limbs... which are all done in the same pen and colored pencil.   
I love the tangles in this tree.. I had so very much fun with it all... 




Here is the top of the page , which is all tissue paper that I have dyed with Dylusions... love those sprays...  the colors are so very vibrant...  anyway.. .when the papers are dry, I glue them onto the page... and allow them to go where they want too... 
Okay...  so I created what is better known as a wiper card...  you can find the directions here... on SplitCoast Stampers... It is very easy to make... so I created that and attached it to my page... the reason for that is because I wanted to hide the little cat!!! 


This is  the completed page... but you haven't seen it all yet... The Queen of Hearts and Alice are on their way to play croquet and they are walking to the palace... and Alice kept on feeling like someone was following them... and low and behold... guess who it was???





Here is a close up of Alice and the Red Queen of Hearts... how precious are they???? 


Well there he is.... in postion that you always see this crazy cat... peeking out from behind a tree... LOL...  he is so funny...  I love him.... 


Here is a close up of the little one... peeking out of the tree branches...  I had a lot of fun making this page... and after I finished it, my neighbor and friend Sande came over to play for  a little while... and she fell in love with it... she is an Alice lover too... so she can really appreciate it... she kept on making the cat hide and then come out.. we are truly like two little kids playing!!!  And I love it all.. 

Well... that is the first project.. let me see if I can get this next one up... 


If you have forgotten the name of this particular blog is 
'Can you find the cat?'  
Well can you..??? 
You have to look into all the little cubbies of this configuration box... and maybe you will see him... 

Look carefully now!!!! He truly is hiding!!!  

On the very top of the configuration box, I had to add a Wonderland special... as things in Wonderland are never quite normal... or should I say that they are never quite the same as on this plane of living!!!  So I added a box that was a little bit unlevel!!!!  And put a dragonfly and a mushroom ...  the catterpillar has already turned into the beautiful butterfly... as you can see... 

I took one of those gold butterflies and colored it with alcohol ink and then decorated it with Liquid Pearls...  
A close up is below...   



You can see the Blue and orange mushroom here... a good shot of the two mushrooms... which I made from air drying clay.. and then painted with my Ranger Alcohol ink refillable pens... which I love... I can make my own colors... which I do...  what fun!!! 

A Wonderland configuration box is not complete with out a tea party... but there is no cat in any of these boxes at all..  I colored the little tea party and then added the little brass cup and saucer and tea pot...

My neighbor Sande and I were building these together... she was using the smaller one... but I had already started to make this one... but we were having fun making them..  She has these really cute little tags that she had picked up... and that is where I got this cute little tea pot tag... Thanks Sande...   Nest to that on the left... are the flowers with faces... the talking flowers.. see I told you that nothing in Wonderland is 'normal'!!! 

No cat there either!!!! 


Well here is Sweet little Alice... with the Drink me bottle behind her... and also the key is hanging up too...  but I don't see a cat.... do you???

This little bone china tea set, I bought about 25 years ago... and didn't know why... but I thought it was cute... only a few inches tall... and so cute... so I knew that it had to go into my Alice STUFF... and so here it is... I love it...   It was not made in China... it was made in Japan!!! 
The Queen of Hearts sees that one of her roses is WHITE???? 
What is going on here!!!  But this cute little Queen doesn't seem the least bit upset over that... 


As you can see here... but do you see the cat...??? 
I wonder where it is??? 



I wanted to add more things to this box... but I dont' have any right now... but as time goes on I will add more things to this... But I did add this pretty alcohol paper to this cubby...  no cat here either.. so where is that silly cat hiding now???  you never can tell when he will appear at all... what a fun place this Wonderland is!!! 
Oh Wow... there is he...  all of a sudden he was there..!!!  Well I will be!!! 

Hiding there all the time... I told you he was a crazy one... but how cute is he... 


Well as you can see... I think that they little Dilly Beans are so very much fun...  I know that you will want to have them for your collection of ALICE things... so jump on over here and get them... 


Okay... while I was building my configuration box, my good friend and neighbor Sande had to do hers too... she is the one that got me all involved in Altered Alice...  so I felt it was only fair that I show you her's too... It is so cute...  

Well My charming dial up is at an all time low of 16kbps... very very slow.. but I am getting these pictures up.. but can't move them around or anything!!!  But you at least get to see them... right??? 


 Sande used a piece of plastic and stamped the Queen on it... and then put the white and red roses behind it...  




Anyway...  Can you see the cat in Sande's box...  no one can... because it is not in there yet...  so cute...  the tea cups are all weird... because it is Wonderland...   So wild...  

Hope you enjoy this challenge.... I did... and I love these adorable Alice in Wonderland digital images  ... 

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and have a wonderful day in WONDERLAND!!!  It is a glorious place to play and live... 
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie 






4 comments:

  1. I love both pieces!! I am also an Alice lover - have an old book given to my mom for me when I was born. I have drawn many of the images from it and was thinking I need to do something with them. Looks like you had a lot of fun - the cat is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on both projects Bonnie! Your tree is fabulous, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow - I'm really missing words, these are outstanding projects.

    ReplyDelete