Followers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chicken Scratch Journal

 So many people have written to me asking to see a 'finished' journal... and so I finally got the pictures taken, and have uploaded this one to show you... 

First off, you have to realize that I make my own journals... at least 99% of the time I do...  I love making my own papers with Twinkling H2o's and then I cut them in half and bind them and voila' I have a journal... then I only have to paint the back side of the papers and the pages will match... well sort of ...  

I had a huge stack of papers that I had painted and so I made quite a few journals with the papers...  only using 7 pieces of paper gave me a nice journal... and so here is one that I call Chicken Scratch...  
as I had doodled some chickens on the front of it...  thus the name... 

I have put the pages into this blog in order, so you can see both sides as they are in reality...  LOL.. what is reality...  so funny... 


 Some papers that I paint I love so very much that I can't use them.. so I scan them into the computer and print them out...  this is one of them...  

An all time favorite...  

It will get taken care of with something... but this journal still has a lot more to go...  but it is the one that is the closest to being called finished...  at this time... 
 I use to make over 100 ATC weekly.. .as I traded with over 75 gals on a monthly basis... so I have a lot of ATC's that are my very favorite...  this happens to be one...  

The page will get more on it.. but this is a beginning...  I only have this ATC taped on here... so it might get moved... I will try and post this journal again in a few months so you can see the progress...  



 I love flowers... and I love doodling... and here is a zen tangle...  I am really enjoying tangling a lot ...  I love all the different tangles, and also the way that they are all put together... so very fun and mindful...  I have noticed a huge difference in the way I think... 
 You have to know that I love flowers... so here is a Pretty by Bonnie flower... even dandelions get space... I love this saying... and try to live by all that you will see in this journal... 





I love making pendants... and his one really was fun... look at the next page to see the rest of the pendants...  

Love the colors too... just fun.. .I used geletos on this background... 







This is one of the backgrounds that I love ...but I decided to use it... love the light and darkness of it... 
 I also love to write Chinese Characters... and have a friend that is teaching them to me... The Chinese think so very differently than we do... 

WE go fishing... and the Chinese think like this...  

Let the fish come to you...  entirely different thinking than we do...  

I did an ATC with all likes of fish on it...  
Love to do fish... 






And so on the other side of the page.. more fish... more tangling... and another ATC with a fish on it...  3D no less...  I drew the fish in white... not sure if you can see that one...  







 Daisies are my very favorite flower...  so I had to use some...  

I also used a leaf stencil on the background...  

The flowers are all Pretties by Bonnie and so are the leaves... the flowers are 3d and  yet the book closes very nicely... 
 The other side of the page... 

Read the saying... 

What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could NOT fail...  

Oh wow...  what a thought... 






Another page with more Pretties by Bonnie... and also more stenciled leaves...  and the leaves at the bottom are stamps that I made... love making my own stamps too.. especially leaves...  













 Next page will show you more of the same...  I wrote a lot on these pages...  sometimes I have to write out feelings... and so in my journals...  



 A piece of printed paper... that I had to use... I love this door.. and also the bird and eggs...  

Used a few tangles on these pages too... 
 Paisleys are so very pretty and delicate in so many ways... love the dynamic ness of these.... 

Simplicity ???  will in our living it is... my art not...  



 About 8 years ago I painted a lot of 8 X 10 pieces.. and I didnt' want to just frame them... so I scanned them and here is one.. that I reduced to fit into my book...  I also altered it in Adobe Photo... love that too... so much fun...  The back ground is dyed tissue papers... 
 More tissue papers and also a flower made from Baby wipes...  

Another all time favorite...  love reusing things for the 2nd and 3rd times...  



A closeup of the flower... 

Used a T Holtz die cut... and then a little glue... and the flower really takes all the roughness of the book etc...  








 A lot of these pages are from Challenges... like this one...  it was to create a pocket... so I did.. and I put tags in the pocket with my favorite techniques...  just a few... I think there are 5 tags in there...  also some paper lace made with a punch and lots of color... 
 Across from that wonderful pocket is some tangling going on...  with leaves all intertwined thru the tangles... what fun I had with this page...  and the saying is a favorite too...  

Matter is never without SPIRIT and Spirit is never without Matter...  by Randolf Steiner... the father of Biodynamics...  a brilliant man. 
 A couple of weeks ago Jenn from Artists Play Room asked to made to laugh...  I thought that these ATC from a friend would do it...  they are so very funny... 

of course I added a few other things too... I just have to... 
 And since I did these pages, I had to add another one... so this page might be completed now..???? Never really sure that is an understatement. 
 Honeybees... we have very few of them this year... not a good sign... we need more bees...



Pretties by Bonnie all over this page... and I did enjoy being ME...  I love flowers... can you tell yet??? 













 I love the way the colors sort of happened on this page...  and I stenciled over it with a purple... ever though it looks like something different it is purple...  a little on the dark side... but still the fall colors of orange, greens, purple... and a slight brown... 

I also tangled some fall green peas in the top corner...  
 Some fall yellow flowers...  and a saying...  

LIVE with NO EXCUSES  

and 

Love with not regrets...  

how very true.... 
 Path of life...  trees being caught in the floods and all the debris that is also in the flood waters...  I send my live to these flooding areas... 
 Sometimes I just have to remind myself of things...  like on this page... breaking the feeling of keeping feelings locked up...  release them... LIVE.,...  


 Another tangle... and some stenciling...  love it...  love this bough of a pine tree too... it is a wonderful tangle...  






I wanted to do my hand in tangle fashion... so here it is... 














 Just a fun tangle page... I love adding these to my journals... as they are a pleasure to do... and also as reminders of my learning this type of art... 
 This is another page for a challenge this week... over at Artists play room...  it is to use one color and also show it...  

I hope that I can link to this... not really sure... this page is so large... 
 I have been working on this page... Garlic... we have such a wonderful crop of garlic this year...  I love drawing it too... it is all hanging up now... dried and ready to go to market...  we have to save some so we can plant more for this coming year... 
 More tissue paper and another print of a painting that I did a long time ago...  

I love the colors of this one..  
 A few of the ATC's that I made for another challenge... using three of something...  so each ATC has three of the item... like three leaves, three chinese characters, three punched corners... etc...  

Fun... 
 More tissue papers... and another painting...  love the peacock feathers and the little lizards... they love our back deck...  so cute... 

I love to watch them on a warm day run across the banister and look all around...  

 I do have a few pages that totally need to be finished... but this is one where I used a Zendala and then painted the background... it is a reminder of summers past...  Summer Tyme...  with the watermelon, walks in the woods, and party hats for birthday parties... just fun summer tyme things...  


The inside cover... on the back of the book... has paper on it... but that is as far as it goes...  

This will be altered the next time you see it...  some of the pages have already changed... so hopefully in a few months I will be able to show this journal to you again...  

Hope you have enjoyed this one... and that you are keeping a journal of some kind... there are so many different types of journals that you could go crazy trying to figure out which kind to do... just do what makes you happy... and enjoy it too...  

Creating is part of living... and that is why I love to do it all the time...  Hope you have a fun day, and thanks for stopping by...  next time, maybe you can have a cup of tea and enjoy a little more... 

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

8 comments:

  1. Whoa! So many beautiful pages!! You have piqued my interest in zen tangle. I doodled lots, but I've never seen it quite like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such fun seeing all the pages of your journal! Thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza-that was a lot of work and time you spent on this post-thank you so much for sharing all your wonderful pages!!! I love flowers too and so I am partial to those pages-love the zentangle one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pages are a real feast... what a great post... such a pleasure to see them all like that...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a whole heck of a lot of work there, wow, and you're still tweaking it. I hope some day I have an art journal that full. Thanks for sharing, I think I like the flowers pages best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was enchanted... BEautimous to the nnnnNNNNth degree!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I to think I've only just used my first page of my first journal!
    Wow you have been busy Bonnie. I can see I'm going to have to come back to revisit your post because there's so much to see.
    I adore flowers and zentangling so it was a feast for my eyes!
    I loved my visit so thank you for sharing...
    Let's hope that we have a great new week of creativity. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was amazing, I really enjoyed your post. There are so many different things in there. Wish I had the time to just do a couple of pages in my journal. I love the mix of colours. Really fabulous post.
    Von.

    ReplyDelete