Followers

Monday, August 6, 2012

Peace to ALL


Happy Monday!!!  The first day of the week… and in my life always a good one…  I love Mondays as I can see what is going to happen this week.. what kind of things I will be getting into…  and this week proved to be no different for me… I have four challenges that this piece was created for…  It is in my large journal… the one that is 12 x 12 pages…  and most likely I will tangle around the edges…  I have to … I have been bitten by the tangle bug…  it is very addictive and I love it…  LOL… there are details on tangling all over the place…  and I also bought a few books… so I have totally indulged myself in the art of tangling…  



 You can click on this to see it larger... it took a while to upload... so I hope you enjoy it...  

I love this tangling.... so very relaxing and restful in so many ways...  





Twinkling H20's 
 
I started off with this page by creating on a piece of watercolor paper my background paper… I used my Twinkling H2’0 paints and then splattered gold Twinkling H20 on the paper… the paper shimmers and shines all over the place when you hold it…  this picture was taken with my camera… but when I scanned it, the paint turned to lighter colors…  but it like it both ways!!!  So that is okay… 



I had made this tangle over the week-end… and it is very intricate and it was so much fun to create… you can see some of my other tangles on the side bar…  go to Tangles a la Bonnie… it will start you off at the beginning of my tangling!!!  LOL.. I have only been tangling for 7 weeks now… and I love it.. of course I have to tell you that I have been doodling for over … well lets just say a LONG time…  over 60 years… My teachers would always get made, as sometimes I homework paper would be  a doodle… not kidding… I always loved my art much more than all the things that they were trying to teach me…  I guess I must have picked up enough info to get onto the next grade.. and that was enough for me… 

So the challenges that this is for… 
Artists Play Room   Favorite colors…
       Like you, Jenn mine are Turquoise and lime… but with a dash of purple….  I love it… have been in love with this combo for quite a few years…  If you have ever studied the charkas of the body, you would know that green is for the heart center which is for LOVE  , and Turquoise if for the throat center, which is for TRUTH, and purple is for the top charka and it stands for SPIRITUALITY  …. So knowing that I feel that all these colors represent me to a T…. 

The third challenge is for Inspiration Avenue and you are to do a Zen Tangle…  Just so happens that I have one that I just finished… so I scanned into the computer… and then printed it and colored it with my Inktense pencils… they are super great pencils… if you have not seen them, go and take a look… t hey are like anyother colored pencil..  BUT when you use your water brush the color jumps out at you…. They are INKTENSE… they are clear like an ink.. and deep like a rich paint… what a wonder they are… 


The fourth Challenge is for Art Journal Café… and this one challenge is to tell what super power you would like to have!!!  Well here is my super power… I would like to be able to heal all the sick people, give money to all the poor people, but most of all… to create PEACE and Harmony all over the world…  that is so very important today…  but as we know… we must create that within our selves first… and then spread that throughout the world…. So I wish that…  with all my heart… 

This is a GREAT way to start a week…  and I wish you all …. Love, Light and Peace….Bonnie

21 comments:

  1. Bonnie - your artwork is stunning - love the tangle and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS so much for your submission to my IA challenge, it's stunning. I sure hope all the art is this purrrty. Thanks again.
    Best,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Love your intricate design and the Twinkling background with the gold splatters look wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again, Bonnie,
    thanks for submitting to APR too. I'm loving those background colors. I totally WANT both twinks and inktense pencils. I can see with your art that I really do need both, lol. What does fuchsia say about chakras?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie,
    I am so inspired and impressed!! I've just recently started playing with the challenges, and I've been bitten, though NOT so much [yet] with Zentangle/doodling. It is so relaxing, and always amazes me that it's actually so "easy" to DO, even for ME, who can draw but does NOT draw as I'd like to. I think that is another fallacy I've BElieved too long... Anyway, your art and how you've brought it all together is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background for a gorgeous page!
    thanks for playing with us at Art Journal Café!
    france
    one of the frappuccinos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie! Your Paint It Up piece is beautiful. I've never used the sparkling H2Os. They look fantastic as your background. I love the bright colors and I'm sure they sparkle even more in person than they do on the photograph. Your Zentangle is amazing!! That looks like SO MUCH work! I can only imagine how gorgeous this page will be after you tangle around the edges of the page. My goodness...it's already amazing! I got a chuckle out of your saying you always doodled on your school papers. I did, too! :) Have a great week and thanks for sharing this beautiful piece with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page - love the sparkling background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie, your zentangle is totally mesmerizing! I love the plain B&W version and the colored one... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful - the mix of colour and tangle are beautiful :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful, i think i will need to go buy both twinks and inktense pencils as i keep hearing so much about them, i just use any watercolors right now

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great minds think alike - I combined IA and APR too though your tangles are far superior. My goodness that is gorgeous, intricate and twiny and so organic. I just get lost in seeing all the twists and turns. AND then on that gorgeous background of color. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is gorgeous. There is so much work in that zentangle and the colouring with your inktense is superb. I really love this piece.
    Von. APR

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful work, as always! your brayd is lovely in these colors - i like everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your background, H20's are one of my favorite mediums. The zentangle is awesome, and I love the spiritual thinking behind the colors! You can tell that you put a lot of thought behind your work. waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Bonnie! The colours are gorgeous and the zentangle is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am commenting again as your sharing about combining challenges really encouraged me to DO so too!! It was a lot of fun that way. And it got me outside my usual comfy box. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tangle look so gorgeous on your watercolor background, Bonnie. I just got so Twinkling H2o's, but haven't opened them yet! I do love the Intense pencils, too. I love hearing about the chakras, too. My house has a lot of green in it, and everyone who knows me knows I love turquoise and orange, usually in all my paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these, especially the colorful one. They have such depth and texture...amazing!

    ReplyDelete