Followers

Friday, August 24, 2012

Harvesting Sunflowers with a little ZEN

 Today over at the BRIGHT OWL Erin has given us a wonderfully exciting zendala to create with.... 

As with most of my mandalas I love to have a story behind the tangles...  
so my story today is about the harvesting of Sunflowers...  it is always a sad thing to see them all cut down... as they have given us such a wonderful summer of views and beauty.... and now they are all down.   The stems and leaves will be chopped up for mulch and the flowers will be chopped up for the chickens for a snack every day during the fall...  they love them... they don't get much... but what they do receive they LOVE...  
 I wanted a place to preserve this little story... as it is now part of the late summertime around here...  so I made this Zendala into a pocket and then made a tag so I could write a little message on it about the beauty of our sunflowers...  

Behind the sunflowers it is colored a very light lime green which stands for the green pastures that they grow around and behind the leaves a pale blue for the sky...which is visible thru all the plants in the gardens...  
 
Here is a picture of the tag going into the pocket...  it will be in one of my many journals as a memory of the summer time around the farm...  

Going up the side of the page is a vine...  a vine of life that I hope that all plants will live a long life and remember the love they have given to us all... Thank you Sunflowers for all you have given to us.... 

Hope that you have a wonderful day and that you will try this zendala and share it with us...  it is fun...  I think I will create another one too... but I have to clean a little bit before I do the next one... ugh!!!  What we dont do so that we can play... 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

14 comments:

  1. Lovely sunflowers, I really enjoy how you preserve those memories of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so gtreat whay you did with this template! Great watercolors! Always a pleasure stopping by here ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your zendalas are poetry with pictures. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Bonnie, the sun is shining into your zendala, you call it a mandala. For me most of the time is laso both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely piece of art - I adore sunflowers. I am glad the chickens get a treat as well! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your artwork is beautiful and so is your sunflower story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful page, sunflowers and a story to match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely zendala! And then you made a cute tag and turned it into a pocket--so clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a striking zendala, a lovely page, and a wonderful memory. Such a pleasure to read and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sunflowers and this is such a beautiful story, zendala and journal memory. Just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sunflower Zendala is beautiful! I also loved what you wrote about the end of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely!! Great idea! and love your essay on summer!

    ReplyDelete