Followers

Monday, May 14, 2012

Pretty Flowers plus new techniques

 A tag for a couple of challenges...  first off this is for Tims tag for May...  I am so very happy about this... as I had bought the melt pot a few months ago to make porcelain flowers... and the list of to do's kept on getting longer and longer... and the porcelain flowers just never got to the top of the list...  o well... this pushed me into dusting off the melt pot and doing it...  I did do it a little bit differently though... you will see below... 


I also love my Mondays as I can sit and think about what I am going to create for Simon Says Stamp and Show...  I love that challenge... all the DT really do GREAT work... and it is very inspirational... so today it was Anything Goes... LOVE IT... so I am combining the two...  but will most likely do another for both or one...  LOL... have to see how the day goes...   


I also wanted to do a new technique that I have been wanting to do for a while... and I did it on this tag...  it is really great... you collage a piece of paper to the desired space... and then brayer some acrylic paint over it... and then wipe it off quickly... leaving a faded image!!!  So I did that over the bird cage area...  it did exactly what I wanted to do... left the image and yet not as clear as it was... just the desired look...  


Prior to doing that ... I had made my background with some of the new Squeezed Lemonade Yellow Distress ink... very very pretty color... bright and charming... and when dry... just sweet and lovely...  then I used a crackle stamp of Tim's with Archival Coffee to make the paper look a little old...   and roughed up the edges...  


My Mannequin...  well... that took me a little time... I didn't like the first 4 I did... wrong size... wrong color... wrong this and that... so finally I got this one... and it was perfect...  color just what I wanted... I am in this pink and yellow phase... ??? Love them together... .especially with Dyan's dylusions... love that ... yikes... wild plus... okay... back to this...  


Then I took a Wreath from Garden Patch Collection    and after coloring it with my Distress Markers... which I love the greens in that collection of markers... best ever... and then I used some Liquid Pearls to give some dimension to the leaves..  
 I love that look...  


The Seam Binding ribbon was dyed with the Lilac in the Spring Collection of Distress Inks... and put around the mannequin shape...  
THEN  ..... I have to tell you I had funny feelings about using the melt pot... I am chemically very sensitive... so I was a little worried... but I opened my French doors on the studio and it was fine... I plugged it in and went to town...    I had made my flowers... and I used BABY WIPES.... that  I had dyed with the lilac ink... and then cut them with the Tattered Florals die cut...   I didn't know how they would hold up... but they did GREAT... as you can see... they are so very thin and look fragile as all get out... total porcelain
 This is looking up from the bottom of the tag... as I tucked on under neath the wreath...  love the shimmering and shining of the flowers... so very pretty...  
 Then I took a violet I had made...  a flower that I have been working on for a new collection.... and it had been colored with the new lilac also...  and then a drop of Liquid Pearl for the center of the flower...  I love the bubbles  that I got into this flower...  it reminds me of Dew Drops on the violets when you pick them in the early morning... I love to use violets on cakes etc... and always will dip them in powdered sugar...  so very pretty on a cake or fancy cupcakes... they are so good to eat too... full of vitamins for the well being of your body... 
So looking back on this fun tag... I love the whole thing... and I learned a lot of fun things...  I love the colors together...  and had fun with the new techniques... 

Hope that you will try this one too... 
It is fun and the results are GREAT too... what to dip next???? Hummmmm 

Thinking .... 

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and hope to see you soon... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty result after all those wonderful techniques! I just love your flowers and I am amazed that you made them initially out of baby wipes. Who would have thought! Beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love your tag and your flowers are so pretty and detailed! I have a pot, so I have to take it out of the package and start using it. I am horrible I didn't want to get it dirty...yes, I make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tag Bonnie. Your violets are very pretty - Just need the cupcake please!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag Bonnie, york porcelain flowers are stunning and combine beautifully with the dress form. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely look & those baby-wipe 'porcelain flowers' are so super! How clever you are to think of doing that. They look so delicate & I'm so pleased your baby wipes stood up to the Utee so well. You go girl. (also glad the chemicals didn't bother you...that's a big plus). Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flowers are so beautiful, color texture and all...

    ReplyDelete