Followers

Monday, May 28, 2012

A Little of this and that

 Sometimes we have to compromise and create one item for a couple of reasons!!!  And that is really what this turned out to be...  I needed to create something for SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW  which the challenge this week is something for HIM... !!!  Well that is a good challenge for me... as I always have a hard time creating for the hims in my life... I have four that I am always looking for ideas to create something special
 for... 


Okay... so that is #1 project... 
Then I am teaching a class on June 9th  (click here for details ) and needed a few more samples... as I love to take a lot of ideas to class... so this project can and will be one of the items...  


 Last year at Christmas time, I decided that I was going to make a few gifts each month and that way I would not be swamped in November and December and could teach longer into the season... 
 So this had to be a gift for one of my HIM's on my list...  


I started to think and finally came up with the idea to make a metal box...  I love making these... it is not the first one... and will not be the last one.. 
 I used a lot of embossing folders...and had a blast deciding which ones to use...  


Black alcohol ink and a little metal and two sheets of paper and I had a wonderful little box...  with all three things crossed off my list...  




 I think you can most likely recognize the embossing folders that I have used... and then I cut them all up...
 To create on awesome box for ????  oh well... if I tell you they will see who it is for and it will not be a surprise...  


LOL..  


I hope that you have had a nice 4 day week-end...  to all the people in the USA and that you are all ready for a fun filled week...  


I know that I am... I even got my studio cleaned up and organized... and I LOVE it... of course I always say that after a major move of STUFF..... but this time I have all my medias together...  all my stamp pads, inks, re-inkers, markers, misters etc  etc... all within an arms reach... even my oil pastels... had to find them so I could put them out... LOL.. talk about obsessing... I love it... 
Well have a fun week... see you tomorrow most likely...  
and thanks for stopping by for a visit...  
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

2 comments:

  1. Great box. I love the use of all the folders and patterns you used to emboss. Very nice. I need to get out my metal now - you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, your metal box is awesome! I really love all of the different embossed images you used and how you laid them out. Curious...when you cut them up, did you do anything to the edges before you laid them next to another cut piece? Did you lay all of the pieces down on a sheet of double sided adhesive or just how did you attach them to the box? I really do love this, as if you couldn't tell. Thanks so much for sharing your cool box with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete