Followers

Monday, May 7, 2012

Blue and Brown

 I have to say that I am not really into browns that much... so to add blue... a little dark for me... BUT a challenge is suppose to open up the doors and it did...  


I had to use my new colors of Distress Inks anyway... and so the Peacock Feathers was a chosen BLUE... and then what about this MELTED CHOCOLATE by Dyan... Love it...  so I chose to make melted chocolate roses in honor of all the Mothers ... as MOthers Day is this coming week-end in the US...  so what Mom doesn't love chocolate??   And Roses??? Combine the two and we are in heaven... LOL...    I used one of Tim's stamps and then I used a gold metallic gel pen... which ran out of ink half way thru doing what I wanted to do... and so I used a broad tip pen... but didnt' get the delicate look I really wanted on it... 
 BUT.... I do like it...  


then I added some Baby Blue Liquid Pearls on to some of the other areas... and then used some stencils with dabbers on top of it all...  


Then I had to add my MELTED CHOCOLATE Roses....  love it... I also used Perfect Pearl misters on them... but the glimmer doesn't show????  Boo hoo... but it is there...  




I had planned on adding some words.. but loved the elegance of the stamping and the roses... so this was done... other than three little bows at the top of the tag...  just a finishing touch... 

Thanks to Hels, and her Sunday Stamper Challenge I did open into another color scheme that I didn't feel that comfortable with....


Hope that you will try things outside of your box... it really does help one to GROW... in a more positive way...  


Hope you have a wonderful day... I am going to go play with my other new distress ink pads now...   I love the three colors... so rich... and I now have reinkers for them and the other two sets... YEAH!!!!  Now I can go wild with them... my purple was almost all out of juice!!!  Now it is rich again... 


Thanks for stopping by for a visit... 
Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. I just adore the new peacock colour and it looks brilliant with Dyan's chocolate. Beautiful tag. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Bonnie, love that Melted Chocolate colour...I just got that for myself ;o)) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag - the flowers are great and as you say, the flourish looks great so why cover it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! They do look like chocolate! Beautiful! xxD

    ReplyDelete