Followers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Embrace the Moment and FLY

 Happy Monday.... hope that your week-end was a pleasant one... and that you are ready for a fun filled week ahead... no matter what it is ... a FUN filled week is in order...  To start the week off... I always do a CHALLENGE that I love...  The Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge... 
 You should check out all the GREAT work there this week... it is all very unique and so very different... each member of the DT has done an outstanding creation... love them all...   So I had to do something from my heart like so many of them did...  
I spent a lot of my summers at the beach... Since we lived in NJ as I was growing up... we went to the Jersey shore... also to Cape Cod and my mothers maternal family in Maine... so I saw many different types of beaches and the different water fronts created by the ocean...  so great...  In cape cod you so often saw the beach grasses blowing in the air... and so I wanted to create that feeling... and so the background that I started off with was to give that wispy breeze across your face in the summer as you are standing on the beach... LOVE IT... don't you???   
 Walking on the beach collecting shells, seeing a sunset as you collect them... or maybe even an early morning stroll on the beach you would see pinks in the skies...  


And again I wanted to show that too...  Some of these things have gotten lost on the page as it progressed... but they are there in spirit and also under things... LOL... 
 The name of this page in my Journal is Embrace the Moment and FLY.... as we so often forget to do that when we are enjoying ourselves...  reflecting back in time I did forget that at the moment... but certainly have the memories to do so now...  


I have the shells that I have collected from all over the eastern sea coast in jars on my hearth. .... year round.... to remind me of the connection to the ocean..  I don't go to the oceans anymore... but can remember the times when we did... 
The air was clean, the waters were clean and sands were hot on the feet as you walked in the sand to get to the waters edge... so very GREAT on a summers day.   

The sand Pipers on the shore line, trying to get a meal from the little critters digging deeper and deeper to get away from the sand pipers bill and tummy....  

 
 I can remember collecting sand dollars in Maine on Bailey's Island... as My great Grandparents house and family lands were all on Orr's Island... if you have ever been there... you have seen my families old general store... the Prince family ran it for years ... and now one of my great uncles daughters has a chowder business in the old store... 




I had to get the effect of clouds... as they are so pretty when they are floating over the ocean...  the waves hitting the sand and tickling your toes as you reach the water....  Summer Time... 
 I hope that you feel at this point like we have enjoyed a day at the beach... on our Summer Holiday... which is the theme for this challenge...  I have enjoyed it ... that is for sure...  


Collect some shells, display them proudly in a special place and remember the Holiday at the Beach forever...  




Everytime you feel the breeze in your hair it will bring back that memory to you...  so FLY in your everyday world to EMBRACE the Moment...  

Have a great day and week... and enjoy it all... 
Thanks for stopping here on your daily visits... and see you soon...  Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

4 comments:

  1. Bonnie, your art journal seaside page is beautiful! I love your background and how you've blended your colors to make such a beautiful scene. It really is reminiscent of a seaside landscape. I love your shells and your grasses. It's all just really wonderful! Thanks for joining us and sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I DID enjoy the beach through this! Could almost taste that chowder too...um, yummy. This is so light & free, one 'could' almost fly. Very ethereal (did I spell that right?!) Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous art journal page, Bonnie! By just looking at your piece, I can smell/hear the sea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful beach scene! I like the watercoloring and the newsprint banner. The texture stamping looks good too! : )

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete