Followers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Purple Delight for the perfect Valentine

.

I had more fun creating this than anything I have ever done.. and I certainly have done a lot of designs of all kinds for all kinds of things, paintings, scrapbook pages, wall murals, altered books and cards… but this one really stole my heart in all ways..


I have been working on this for a few days... cutting out, adding, taking away, painting new flowers, all that kind of thing... using punches, using spellbinders dies of all kinds just anything that I could to get the look that I wanted.. and FINALLY I got the look that I desired..

Above is the card in a closed state... that is how it will be given... and then when it is opened up...
you see the three panels of flowers, leaves, embossing, paper laces, and dotted swiss papers..



I did paint the flowers, and then hand cut them and then glazed them, and then popped them... each one has a few purple seed beads and a pearl in the center... and then I used Fred Mullets fern stamp and embossed it with gold and then painted with Twinkling H20's... and then hand cut the leaves all out... wow... that was a job ... but they are so very delicate and that is what I was after... so it was worth it... I didn't want a bos on each section, but it did need something, so the butterfly on the outside panels was perfect...

I hope you like it... I certainly loved making it... and it is a special Valentine...

Have a special day...
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie, this tryptych is amazing!! Your work is always lovely, but this goes far beyond!! Thanks for sharing this beauty!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have outdone yourself! Gorgeous!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. all I can say is WOW!!! Stunning stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, this is just gorgeous. Are you willing to share a small tutorial on how you made this card? Also, just looove the honeysuckle sweet card posted on SCS. Would love to case this for my Mom for Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I agree with all that has been said, this is just stunning and gorgeous. What a gift for someone.

    ReplyDelete