Followers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

An example of one of the many I have made..

This is the cover of my book... and I want to talk about this at this time...

After you have your blank book pages all folded etc... you will need to make two covers... one for the front and one for the back... this just adds character to your book... also it allows you to put a tie onto the book to keep it closed etc...

Anyway... make your cover only a tiny bit larger than your pages... like about 1/16th of an inch... just a little bit...

Then cover the chipboard or what ever you have to use... (some gals even use cereal boxes.. and it you do... use a couple of thicknesses of this... it will make this so much stronger for you...

Of course by this time you most likely have chosen a theme you will be using, so your cover will share this same theme... and then you will need to choose a ribbon that also goes with the theme... (this same ribbon can be used for the back brace also... read down below prior to making the book... thanks... )

Okay.. .so you have your covers, covered in paper... and ribbon glued into places you need it... and now you need to cover the pages prior to gluing these into place...

(I apologize if this sounds a little choppy... I am having to write this entire lesson backwards... with a blog you start at the bottom and work up... ugh... my brain is having to do double time.. ..LOL... not use to that... I guess it is good practice... for what.. I don't know... )

When you are done with all the pages and are totally satisfied, then you glue the covers into place... and will be done with the book...






This is what the book looks like when opened and standing up..
*Note... if your book doesn't stand up, you can put a small piece of ribbon under each side of the covers to hold the 'book' in this position... I found that when this wasn't done, the book sort of flopped... but if yours doesn't then you don't have to do this step...

I used a small narrow piece of ribbon... about 3 inches long... and it just held the book 'up'...

I did use spellbinders dies where ever I could... and also paper lace was added too... you will have fun decorating this book...




This is how the middle section should look... some gals have put little tabs etc to show that this section unfolds... but you will know what to do with yours... As You can see... I did decorate each area I possibly could...













This is the very back of the book... just so you can see that I also decorated every little bit I possibly could..

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial... and please comment and share with me your experiences with this project... I would love to see your books...

Love, Light and Peace.... Bonnie

1 comment: