Followers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All kinds of fun happening around here...

On Saturday there was a challenge that was called Inspiration... I love Saturdays anyway.. and this challenge just spiked the day for me.. There were so many different pieces that I got inspired from... but I had a lot of other things I had to get done... so I limited myself to only two cards.. LOL.. I am going to have so many cards in my studio that I am going to have to add an addition to just hold all my cards.. .

Anyway... I had fun with two cards...

The one on the left was made so quickly.. .I had this piece of blue paper.. I had it left over from something??? and it was just sitting there on the table... waiting patiently to be used... so that was used for underneath the flowers.. the print had this pale blue background so this was perfect.. I had made the paper with Twinkling H20's... do you have any?? ?They are the most fun to use... you can get all kinds of different effects with them... use them to paint very intricately on a stamped area, or make background papers, or anything else your heart desires... so very much fun... and when the paint dries, it sparkles... ever so nicely... if you need any and can't find them, let me know... I can get them for you...


This is another card from the same inspiration... oh my goodness.. in the 60's and 70's I use to cut these flowers out by the dozens... every color you can think of... I had them on everything around me... walls, books, clothes, (I would use some kind of iron on stuff and cute the flowers out of one fabric and iron it onto jackets, skirts, jeans, you name it... it had my flowers on it... I loved flowers back then too... )

Anyway... this card also got to be the first to have one of the my newest purchases.. Asian folders by Cuddlebug... I love them... I have a couple of other cards on the next blog... so you will see a few more that come in the set... very nice backgrounds, and also some that are forefronts...

The pillow that I used for the inspiration of this card, had the white circle in it... so I used my trusty white gel pen and made the circle...

Hope you like these wild ones... they were fun to make...


Okay... the newest little special card style on the block.. the side step...

On Monday the Challenge was to create this style card... directions and all were given... so off I went to make another one...

WE had made this card in our group last week... so I loved making this one...

You need to take a look see at all the others that were made... go here...

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?mcats=all&si=TLC257&what=allfields&name=&when=&whenterm=&condition=and

and take a look see... I do hope that it connects... I haven't done that before.. if it doesn't work and you want to see this challenge, just let me know, I will see about hooking you up... there are so many adorable ones there... a great inspiration for all..

Back to the card... I had this cute little one... and so since I have such a love for daisies I did this one...


I had just made this 'Little one' (only 4 layers on her) so I used her and put her in a field of daisies stamped and also made with paper punched daisies... The daisy is my very 'favoritest' flower of all times... I carried them in our wedding... and when I see a daisy I always think of that special day... even though it was over 40 years ago.. and my hubby still picks me daisies when ever he sees a bunch of them... how sweet is that??




On Sunday... there is always a challenge that is called Featured Stamper... this week it was Karen B. Barber... and since I had connected with Karen from the first week I went to SCS.. .I felt I had to create a casing (coping ) of her style... so I created this card.. which is so very typical of her work..

She does this technique that is called Black magic... where you stamp with a white ink pad, allow it to dry and then color with pencils, or markers the whiten area... very nice ... add your white dots... and that it is... She makes her flowers really talk..

Well I didn't have a stamp that had solid flowers... so I used a stamp with leaves and added some paper flowers that I hand painted and added some beads to for the centers... also some stamen that added some accents...

I also got to use my one of my newest Martha punches... I love these hearts... and they are so very delicate and sweet.. .

Hope that you have enjoyed these cards... I loved making them all.. and do enjoy sharing them...
Thanks for stopping by for a visit... leave a comment now and then too.. if nothing more than Hi...
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment