Followers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Making a 3D item...


Okay... a good place to start..

Becky from NC asked how do I make 3D's... so here it is Becky... I hope that you can follow along.. I have a very difficult time doing this all backwards... not my cup of tea at all... but this is what I do...

First off I use fun foam and run it thru my Zyron... on one side only... reason being... that I glue the other side down... more on that later...

Then I print the same picture the size I want it 4-8 times.. depending on how complex the picture is, and how many layers I really want it... I have personally found that 4-5 layers is enough... but sometimes I go a little bit more... all depends... I think you will know when enough is enough... LOL... do we ever know that when we are buying paper... ??? I certainly don't... EVER.,.. always need MORE... more is better in that case???

Oh well I do get a little carried away at times...

Back to the 3D's... When I have my pictures all printed I then cut them apart and start to pick out what I want to pop last... and actually cut that out first... this is all a matter of how you think and your ways can and will be added to this... this whole thing is to get you started... and you will pick your own way of actually doing it...

Then as shown below... you lay them out as you cut them out... so that you can sort of get an idea of what it will look like...







Okay now you have all the four layers cut out and ready to assemble...
that was the most difficult part of the whole process...
The rest is easy as all get out...




















I put the fun foam on the lower item.. and then apply the stick glue to the fun foam... reason being that it can slide around until you position it in the place you desire... it works so much better this way...





















This has the flower added to the hat...You can see the 3D effect already...
Now add the other layers and you will be






HERE.......






If you looked at the side of the flower it would look like this... But this is really magnified... and I am up very close...

This picture shows you all four layers in place..









The final look of the hat.. with the four layers in place...

I hope that you all enjoyed this... and I would love some comments on if this was helpful to create a 3D item... it is really easy and I would love to see some of your finished 3D's... so please send me the locations...

Hope you enjoyed this..
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. WOW...Bonnie, this is so easy to follow! Thanks a ton for posting the directions - now to find the time to do it! BTW, I am near Charlotte, so not too far from you at all!!! My blog is: http://stampersanonymous13.blogspot.com Check it out sometime...I'm not nearly as talented as you but I do love making cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the flower! The hat is gorgeous!

    April

    ReplyDelete