Followers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Butterfly Parade ... I love butterflies.. can you tell

Yesterday I was trying to make a card to send to my Mom... and she loves Pinks and Greens... so this paper was really perfect for a card for her... don't you think???

Anyway, I made all these butterflies and it is was very her.. she loves dainty delicate things... and then I put the dotted swiss on the inside with a gingham bow... again very delicate and cutsie... I do have stickles on all the wings of the butterflies so the glisten in the light... hopefully she will be able to see that ... she has macular degeneration and can't see that well at this time in her 90 years... but she is still doing and a lot of it too.. .


I loved the card so much that when I read the challenge for today, I decided to make the same card with fabric... so here is that part of the story...




WT255 Challenge today was to use a piece of fabric to create a card… so I knew exactly what piece I wanted to use.. now to find it…

Well after searching for a while, there it was sitting on the work table in my sewing room, I had it pulled out for a project.. so I couldn’t cut into the area I wanted for this card… so I took the material and scanned it, and used it as a paper… but it is a fabric print, as you can see… it is a piece of batik fabric from Jamica… so I just couldn’t cut into the center where the turquoise was… it has greens, purples, and oranges as well as some yellows as you can see… just yummy plus to me… all my favorite colors…

I also needed a valentines card for this friend who is batty over butterflies… so it was perfect for that too..

So on the inside I made a plate of white paper with Martha’s double heart border… and then a large heart in the corners… wow… I know she is going to love this one…

Prior to gluing down the fabric/paper, I made paper lace from the spellbinder border fluer di lis template… and gathered it up to put around the curve… then again using another spellbinder template create the butterflies and then put them thru the cuddlebug dotted swiss folder… a little Stickles on the edges and it is completed…

Hope you like it… and thanks so much for taking a look see… I love using fabric, and do use it a lot when I don’t have the proper color paper… it is very nice to compliment a softer looking card… and the texture is GREAT…

Have a super creative day…and thanks for stopping by my blog..

Love, Light and Peace… Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Bonnie, you just keep outdoing yourself! I love love the butterflies! These are cards are fabulous! Know your mom will LOVE her card.

    April

    ReplyDelete