Followers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Twinkling H20 paper


I decided that I wanted to take the time and get back into doing some challenges on SCS... so I joined in on the Saturday Challenge, which is where we go to a web site and find something that inspires me... most of the time, I am inspired prior to looking... but did find this really pretty Lavender bath salts... so I thought that is what I am going to do... Well the top card is nothing like that at all.. but the back ground paper is all from the same sheet of paper... as I used half a sheet on each card...
I basically did both of the cards the same... but .... I will tell you what happened...

I started to paint... and before I knew it, I had quite a few sheets of paper filled with paints... I love painting with Twinkling H20's... and it was a nice rainy day... what could have been more perfect... so I painted and painted and then really had forgotten that I was going to do the challenge...

So I picked up my ball point pen... and drew some leaves..on one of the lavender sheets of paper, which is what I wanted to do in the first place...
Then on the first card (the one on the bottom here...) I painted the leaves with purples and lavenders... and then touched them up with white and gold... love the way it turned it.. I mounted it on a Martha punched border... and then added the little bows... a fun card... I love it.
The next card (the one on the top) I also drew the leaves... and then took white copic to color the leaves... now all the background color was gone!!! Then I added the greens to the leaves... I roughed up the edges... and thought it needed something... I had a few dried flowers from a previous project on my work table... and so I glued them into place... Twisted loosely some ribbon and added a bow... DONE!!!!
I really had fun with these cards..
Hope that you have a nice MONDAY...
And thanks so much for stopping in for a visit...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful! What gorgeous colors you used to paint.....I love H2O's too, but never remember to use them!! I just can't keep everything out where I can see it, so the reminders I get are truly wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautiful! I love all the flowers, leaves and bows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards.

    http://iwycd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! That purple one is gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Bonnie! Your really should do some of these in digi leaves! WOW GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful!! I love twinkling H2O's and actually got mine out for my card I posted on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete