Followers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Tuesday!!! Two Challenges !!!

I love to do challenges... and have not had the time for the past few months... way too much on my plate... as they say... But today I made the time... and I guess that is what I am going to have to do... as I loved making each and every card...
This top one!!!! Okay... many facets..
It is from my CD All Seasons... the picture and the ta bag tiles are both on the CD... along with 100's more pictures and 1000's of tiles...
I copied the picture the right size I wanted, and cut it out... and then I made the two medallions.. one for the front of the card... and the other one for the inside..
I also followed the Sketch design from Midnight Madness...
and so I needed to have an oval and two pieces on the front... so as you can see, I have added them... and added a little of Martha Stewart punching along the center and the edge of the card..
Three ribbons for the Sketch design.. and I was happy...
Now the other Challenge this is for is the Color Challenge... Betty picked the most wonderful colors today... Cherry, Pink and Artichoke... I might have these names wrong... but you get the idea... as they are on my card... I used the colors on the entire card... but also for the ribbons... I loved using these colors... MY COLORS BETTY!!!! Thanks ...
I didn't add the use of pinking shears... as I really forgot until I just saw it... oooops...
Oh well the colors are delicious.. and I love the card..

So that is two Challenges...
The third challenge is for Tea Pot Tuesday... and the challenge was for a little boy named Dante...
He is in the hospital... and just had a bone marrow transplant.. he received it from his little sister... he is only 8... so I don't know how young she is... but I made them cards...
That was the challenge today... a card for Dante... who likes to FISH!!!

My Fish... it was made naturally with a Fred Mullet Stamp... and I used a lot of different embossing powders to get his main colors... then I used Twinkling H20's to paint him... all the way that Fred teaches with these wonderful fish stamps... I love these... and think I have most of them... they are wonderful gifts for men...!!!!
Anyway.. .I get so carried away..
I then scanned him... and shrunk the fish so that he could fit onto the card...
Created some ovals with Spellbinders... and mounted with the same.. Label 10.
The background... oh fun again... Paper painted with H20's... and then thru the Cuttlebug with D'vine Swirl Folder... accented it with a gold pen..
Then I used one of the tiles from him also... and created the medallion... which has 80 folds to it.. and with each of the folds... I said a prayer of healing for this little one... Dante... and his family.. that they all heal... and can learn from this to live a happy and healthy life together..

Put all together and it is a lovely card for Dante!!!!
I would love to share his address with you also... so that you can send a card too.. the more the merrier for this little one... You all have so many... and sending him one, would make him so very happy... Thanks ...
His address:
Dante Erk
c/o Tara Dalton
520 Brushy Mount Road
Gretna, Virginia 24557

I made this little one for his sister Julia... who also gave him the bone marrow... how sweet of her... another medallion with 80 folds and hugs and happiness to her..


About two weeks ago or so... how time does fly??? I joined in on the annual fun time of SplitCoast Stampers... and as a member was given 33 challenges... you could combine them ... and I did with some of them.. but did manage to make 26 or so cards for the 33 challenges... and I was crowned a QUEEN...
My prizes arrived yesterday.. and here they are..
A Lovely card , hand made... but Understand BLUE... I thank you so very much...
also .. a stamp from Taylored Expressions and also from SCS... and a roll of tape... great useful gifts... thanks again.. I will certainly use them all..

So that is my day so far...
Have a few things to do for the house/farm... like can a little... we still have a lot of produce coming it... okra, cantelope which is delicious... and also blueberries... ymmmmm mixed... wow off the charts... and then more zucchini, beans and cukes... so gotta get busy..
Talk later...
Hope you all have a wonderful day...
Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie
    Lovely, lovely cards.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful artsy creations Bonnie! love that fishie! Congrats on your prizes Mrs Queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are great and I love the fish!

    ReplyDelete