Followers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finches with pretty Feathers

My Paper Doll Friend Mary Marsh, asked me to make a card for the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge... so I told her that I didn't have any of their beautiful stamps... so Mary
stamped some, and mailed them to me... what a wonderful friend...
So since she sent me two I had to make two CARDS...
So here they are...
The one up above is all layers of papers.. to represent the look of the person that loves birds and watches them... they always seem to have important papers around... on pictures of birds are on the top of the pile...
Thus the Hinge, button, roses, and Mica... all to represent 'clutter' on the table...
and the bird picture on the top...
Interesting fact... Purple Finches were very popular during the depression, because it was very inexpensive to buy a finch and a cage to amuse you and make you feel happier... so a lot of people bought them... only to let them loose after the depression ended... thus all the purple 'house' finches...


Now this one is a little more formal card...
The back ground was made with a resist technique...
Using a Champagne Versa Mark, I stamped Thistle all over a sheet of glossy paper...
then I used Inks by Ranger with a brayer and created my background paper

Spellbinder were used to create all the shapes...
The Bird was colored with Twinkling H20's...This gold finch(also a Male) is really happy being so near the thistle... they love it... their favorite food...
The paper that covers the front of the card is from K & Company...
Hope that you enjoy these cards... and thanks again Mary for going to all the trouble you did so I could join in the Challenge...
I certainly did enjoy it..
Have a super nice day...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. wow bonnie these are 2 awesome cards-both so unique and so you-with all the wonderful details you always add
    the purple finch could possibly be my slight fave-love the shabby chic look of it and all the paper layers
    thanks for taking part in the "birds of season" challenge with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous and so beautifully detailed, Bonnie! Both are quite stunning! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are wonderful! I love birds and you have made them come alive! Also, thanks for the history lesson. I did not know that about purple house finches. I have bird feeders right near my kitchen windows so that I can see them well. We have had a lot at the feeders lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie!!! I love all of your cards but of course I am partial to ODBD stamps! Love what you did with the images!!!!

    ReplyDelete