Followers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

No Internet??? .....will make CARDS!!!!

What do you do when you have no internet connection???
MAKE CARDS
What else...
Well I did do a few other things... but you get the idea...
Not having a connection for a few days... was really driving me crazy for many reasons...
#1... No e-mails
#2.... Didn't know what everyone was doing???
#3. Blog..??? What was going on??
#4. Orders to fill.??? Hopefully no one will get upset...
#5. AND THE MOST FRUSTRATING!!!!
I had decided to do the Splitcoast Challenge of DARE TO GET DIRTY!!!
I had just completed the CARDS!!!! And was waiting to see who the Queens were going to be...
And EDNA was making everyone wait... UGH!!!
Oh well.. I will check in the morning and see who the winners are...
In the morning... NO CONNECTION...
UGH!!!
So I waited until today 3 days longer... to see who the winners were...
And low and behold...
GUESS WHAT???
I was one of the 12 Queens... WOW
I was really shocked...
And prizes plus...
I am so very excited...
Can hardly wait to get them!!!
I will take a picture and let you see all the goodies..
So sometimes I guess it does pay to be patient!!!
WOW... love it..
So in between all this anxious stuff... I did gather up some things... and make some cards to share with y'all... The one up at the top.. .
5.5 X 8.5 inches... a huge card... but I needed it for the paper, for the punched area... and also for all the flowers... Pendants, and Cuttlebug things... love them all.. Navy was screaming at me.. an old time use to be #1 color for me...
So I had fun... and of course my daisies... love them..
I will show you how to create these punched papers... I promise..

Okay... I had a few friends over... Marie and Beverly... and we always get into trouble... so today we made flowers... using the Tim Holtz Die... and I used white paper... and also a really pretty turquoise/teal paper... which you will see next..
I used 4 layers of the largest flower... and three of the medium/large pointed flower... if you have the die, you will know the ones I am taking about...
Rought them up and layer them... it is that easy...
I made a border of Strawberries.. .from a Spellbinder die... and then painted them with H20's... a martha punched area... and then I used a Cuttlebug folder(37-1610 floral screen) to create the background... After creating it, I used Bundled Sage (Ranger) to color the paper... then using a black ink pad, accented the edges...

I tried red ribbon... but the reds clashed... so I used a RUST RIBBON!!!!
Love it...
All the layers... the colors... LOVE IT... Hope you get inspired to create with these colors... Christmas... but not really!!!

Okay... I told you about the teal flower... this is also made with the Tim Holtz die... and the background is also made with a Ranger Embossing folder...

Getting away from those colors... I needed a break for a while... I get hooked on certain colors... and that can be a problem for me.. I will stay in that space forever..
So I broke it with the Yellow, Black and white...
WOW loved doing this one.. .
I used the Embossing Plus folder... Lace Door... 20-00283...

(ADVERTISEMENT TIME)
These folders are not like the 'regular' Cuttlebug folders... they are more costly... and they
CUT AND EMBOSS all with one pass...
Called Embossing Plus Folders...
LOVE THEM...
They are wonderful..
You can also buy these here...
At my store..
TOYZ 4 Paper
just click and write and tell me what you desire!!!
Okay... resume the card discription...


and then used the Grand Lace from Spellbinders... and some pretty black and white print from K and Company... the yellow flower I used a Spellbinder to create too.. and cut each of the two flowers in half to create one large HALF flower... !!!
I used the Cuttlebug folder 20-00297 Polka Dots to make the center...
Huge color change... and then..

Had another change..
From yellows.. .to reds again... but this time
TEA BAG FOLDING!!!!
Of course I love tea bag folding.. .have you ever done it..
You start out with 8 squares... all with the same print... and then use the same fold on all 8 pieces.. making sure each one is exactly the same...
I used a split medallion for this card... and also used the center of the Lace Door (20-00283 ) and also a very delicate cut out of an old timey post card..
The back ground... made with Cuttlebug folder 37-1604 Swiss Dot... and then red ink pad to highlight the DOTS!!!!
I also designed the Tea Bag papers... love doing that too.
If you are into Tea Bag folding... write to me.. tell me your interests...
I have tons of Tea BAg CD's... I think I created over 40 a few years ago.. .and am trying to find the time to redo them all.. new cards... etc. etc..
e-mail me at ... bongem@earthlink.net

So many people ask me about me adddress.. .it is not bong em..
it is bon for Bonnie ...
and GEM for my hubby... whose name is Glenn E. McLain
bongem



Okay... another tea bag card... this time I made a wreath... adn also used some K and company papers..
Used the Embossing plus folder... ELEGANT ELLIPSE
20-99254 in yellow.. mounted on black..
Oh yes... a loop punch by Martha... too.

A little more serious...
Christmas card.. One of the more delicate Embossing Plus folders...
Blooming Bouquet 20-00258
And I used one of Martha's punches for the corners...
BUT I used the WREATH from
PRETTIES BY BONNIE...
It is in the Christmas Combination..
It is a digital Image... and that means no postage for shipping... and also the best part...
it is instantly in your hands and ready to use..
But there is one more really neat thing... my favorite yet..
YOU CAN DECIDE ON THE SIZE!!!!
I painted this one with my Twinkling H20's... and cut out the outter edge only..
I used Antique Linen for the background color.. .and love the richness of this card..
I keep on sneaking in a few Christmas cards... as the season is coming up.. and I love to have a lot of cards on hand..
At this time, the program is not allowing me to write under this card... so I will do it up here..
The card underneath here... I was doodling ...and then I cut it out... I used a black bic pen... and also my gold gel pen... and the a Ranger Embossing folder... and a Martha Stewart Flower edge and corner set...
I also used Bundled sage and a lime shade??? can't remember the name... sorry about that..
Anyway... two or three greens for the background..
Inky fingers plus.. love it.
I colored the leaves on my doodle in greens, teal and of course the gold and black.. in real life ... all these cards look entirely different... but you get the idea... and hopefully the energy to go and create some of YOUR OWN...
Love sharing with you.. and hope t hat you enjoy these...
I will be working on a tutorial this week... so that will be next... hold on..
Thanks for coming to visit... I love it..
I live.... I create... I am..
Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie, you always layer your cards so nicely! These are just beautiful! I didn't know you could get such a fluffy carnation looking flower out of the Tim Holtz flowers. This is amazing! Will have to work with mine more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were productive w/ no internet! Congrats on your win

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie, your friendly stalker here, LOL! It's been awhile since I've commented on your post, sorry, still doing home reno's, Yuck (but I have been looking)! Well you've been busy busy busy, maybe that's what I need, no internet! Sometimes I get on and just can't seem to get off of it. Love all your cards as usual, love the flowers you made also. I've seen the Tim Holtz die and have it on my wish list but the first flowers on the top card are they a die also? And Love the navy blue ribbon, so pretty. I've tried teabag folding a couple of times a few years ago and really liked it, yours are beautiful. It would be nice to see it come around again. I also tried your tutorial on the punches in/around the pages and Love it! Your right once you try it and do it a few times it is pretty easy and just Beautiful! You've opened a door for me, Thank You! You are sooooooooo inspiring! And I almost forgot, Congrats on the win, you are Queen Bee in my book, way to go Bonnie!
    Take Care and Froggie ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure I would have been so productive making cards without the internet. I tend to wander outside and do things or end up at the beach instead! Lol!
    All of your cards are absolutely beautiful and all the work and love you put into them really shows!

    ReplyDelete