Followers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sweet Pea Tags with RESIST! !

 Today being Sunday, I went on Ink on my fingers to see what Hels Sheridan had created... so many times I start on a project for this wonderful blog... but then something happens and I never get it posted... so this week I was determined to not only make something... but get it posted...  YEAH... I won... 

Okay...  the challenge was to made something with a RESIST of some type... oh how I love to do resists of all types... no matter what they are... I love to use them for tags, cards, scrapbook pages, papers, you name it... resist is so much fun... I love it... so the hardest part of this was .....which resist technique to use...  so I used the same one as Hels did...  with the dabber... I also got my Fall trio of colors.. and had made a set of tags a few days ago...  I love these colors... I didn't think I would love them as much as I do... and all together is really magnificent... love it...  
So on this tag... I started out with white dabber and then sponged on the Gathered Twig Distress ink... which I agree with you Hels.. .the pads are really juicy... and I dont' buy a pad without the re-inker... but did find ways to get the same mileage from just the pad...  

I created the paper for the flowers like you did with 'smearing' the ink pad on my work sheet... and then cut them out with Tim's 
 Tattered Floral die cut... love that too... 


I did use all three colors... on three separate sheets of cardstock... and did make a ton of flowers... didn't know which I would want to use... 

Then I made some seam binding ribbon with the pad... smearing it on the work sheet and then spritzing with water... and wiping it all up... love the look.. not deep not light... 
I made the little flowers, but sewing them... and wire in the green ribbon for some stiffness and body.. the little leaves.. well they are made and that is all I am going to say about them... at this point... 
I decided to use the Gathered Twigs flowers on the top... loved the look of them with the black stamen... 


On the bottom the 'Pinkish' colored flower, is also from the Seedless preserves... very very diluted... but it almost matches the Victorian Velvet on her dress and headpiece... which are accented with Distress Stickles... 

The background is very diluted Gathered Twigs and then a light brushing of Seedless Preserves... I just love these colors...  something that I generally would NEVER use... but tried to stick to the colors...  

I did dye the top ribbons with some Victorian Velvet, some antique linen and some other Mini misters that happened to jump into my hands...  so they are a real mixture of colors... LOL.. I did have a blast of fun with this tag... and hope that you enjoy it... 

The stamp is a Sweet Pea stamp... I think she is so sweet... and love the look of her... Thanks for stopping by... and also for any comments you leave... I love to read them... and really appreciate them greatly... 

Have a super great day... and for those across the pond... enjoy the day earlier... we will never catch up with you... but enjoy everything 6 hours later where I live... 

Thanks for the great challenge Hels... and I do look forward to joining in on more... even though I am on this fantastic thing called dial up  (NOT FUN!!!)  I try to get things done... and posted... I just have some trouble getting to some of the blogs with all the blinkies on the sidelines...  

Thanks again... 
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

1 comment: