Followers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

On a more serious note

 You know how one thing begets another... well my hubby drilled holes in a 2x4 for my mini misters... it holds 100 some odd misters... YEAH... now to fill them all.. so the other day I splurged and bought the rest of the mister... so I had to fill them.... right...  I had a blast mixing all the colors with the Perfect Pearls... yummy... one different one after the other...  I love the copper mixed in with a green... I used it on this ATC... Copper and Bundled Sage... oh what a wonderful color combo...  So I played with the colors and misting them onto my work sheet and lifting them off with a piece of card stock... and before I knew it, I had a stack of wonderful background papers... I made this ATC with one of the sheets... Bundled Sage and Copper Perfect Pearls...  then I took a stamp... by Tim of course... and I call him the traveler... I used a clear embossing on him... and then used a distress stain all around just him... cut him out to fit on the ATC and then stamped the saying... THE JOURNEY AWAKENS THE SOUL....  how very true... but only if you allow it to...  I used some tissue tape up in the corner... and put the whole paper onto another background paper... that was stamped with my favorite words stamp...  The dragonfly represents me... I am on the journey to learn all I need to know... 


 Another background paper... using Distress inks on the tree stamp by Tim...  I loved the paper... so I didnt' want to add too much ... the paper is the main part of the ATC...  I glued it onto the corrugated card board... and then added a few stickers which I found in my Halloween bin.. I had bought these as I loved this CROW with the pumpkin... he is super... 
Added a few acorns... and then
on the back wrote the word FALL...  and put a few pumpkins and a leaf... love these and the paper... 

I really had fun with these ATC's for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge... I have not made an ATC in a very very long time... it felt good to work small again... 

Trying something different all the time is always fun... keeps you from staying in a box... as you don't learn anything at all staying in the BOX... get out of the box that we all live in... try something different today... 

Thanks for stopping by... and come on back tomorrow...  
Please scroll down for more new things... I have been double posting the past couple of days... you never know how prolific I can get at times...  

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie. I love your ATCs...they are so cute! Your umbrella man is just remarkable!! I so love him anyway...but the way you designed this one...love it! I also love the dragonfly embellishment on it. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so beautiful! Did you buy your misters in bulk somewhere? Mine keep getting clogged up, so I wonder what the trick is?

    ReplyDelete