Followers

Thursday, July 17, 2014

STENCIL IT

Thursday... and having fun...  played all day long... had a class this morning... and that was fun... and then continued on my own ... it is now night time... LOL... and still going strong...  Great energy and fun today... 

A friend of mine e-mailed me to tell me of this GREAT CHALLENGE... called ...  COUNTRY VIEW CHALLENGES...  love it... know so many of the gals on the DT and also that have put entries into the challenge... well my eyes were popping out of my head... so much eye candy... and I haven't really had the time to go look at all the entries yet...  had to play... I got so inspired for all the examples that the DT had... OMG... what color, design and creativeness flowing all over this page... WOW... anyway... that is still some of the energy that I am feeling... still have not even been to the individual DT blogs! ! ! !   Wow... what a treat this find was...  Thanks Debbie... I owe you one... 

I also entered it into a brand new challenge called the Mixed Media challenge..  The challenge is WIDE OPEN this month...  great going...  Good luck... I know I will be joining in... 

So I played...  Stenciling was not a stranger to me at all.. in fact I just got some of RANGERS newest goodies...  TIM's Tins... which I LOVE... really puts those little inks into a VERY usable order...  I love those little inks, but was having trouble finding the ones I wanted to use in a second... and had to fumble... well these really are great... 

AND I also got some Texture Paste... love it too...  I hope that they make this stuff in a giant size... I am going to need it... I love to stencil and create texture on my paper...  as you will see... LOL..

Okay... here is my first of two entries... 

 
I love purple and love dragonflies...  and of course flowers... 
so my design was not hard to come up with.. .I had bought this dragonfly stencil about 14 years ago... and used it to stencil on fabric...  so I decided to use it on this card...  which is 8.5 X 5.5 inches...  huge... but had to make it that large to get everything on it... 
 
The Background paper was made with Distress inks and then stamped a Set of Tim's Stamps.. 
 
 


 
I then used my texture paste and created the white dragonflies on the background paper and also on some thick vellum...
and then mixed some Light lilac and Seedless preseves (Distress inks ) into the paste and mixed it with my palette knife...  I love the rich color that I was able to get... 

 
I also used Tattered floral die cut and a piece of paper from Tim's Lost and Found pad.. the pink floral piece and created this flower... which I love to make...  This die has been one die that has really seen so much activity...  I have to say that over 300 people have cut flowers from it... and I still use it almost every day... I am addicted to making flowers... LOL... truth... anyway... it still really looks the same as the first time I used it...  perfect.  love it... if you don't have this die... BUT IT... NOW... you will love it..  you can literally make over 30 different flowers with it...  so much fun... 

 
I wanted to put this dragonfly on this card... as I love it so much ... on the vellum you can really see the detail of the stencil...  and the textured paste really goes thru the stencil wonderfully to allow those small details to be shown... 
 
 

 
Okay... now pick up the little piece of vellum that has tissue tape all around it... and you will see some chit chat... 

 
I found a huge stash of my MIL jewelry...  still going thru stuff of hers... and so I decided to use a piece of one of the necklaces for the Dragonflies body... 
 
I am not sure if you can see this real closely, but the head is the catch and it duplicates the stamp to a tee... amazing... had to use it here... no question about it... 

 
Another view of the large purple dragonfly and the flower... 

 
I love the body of the Dragonfly... really cool... and the rhinestones have to be over 90 years old... as I think this one was her Mom's... 

 
 
So that is my final card... 
and I really love it...  as I love to do everything that is on here...
Stamp, stencil, create paper, color, use my die cuts, and have fun.. the most important of all.. 
 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit and also for any comments that you may leave.. I do read each and every one of them... and really appreciate them all...
Hope you have a wonderful day and create something spectacular... 
 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

11 comments:

  1. Wow! This is such a feast for the eyes! I'd love to see it IRl! Thanks so much for joining us at the Mixed media card challenge - I look forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie. So many fabulous techniques, embellishments, layers. They all come together perfectly to create an amazing work of art in a card! LOVE that you've used part of a necklace for the dragonfly body - simply beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, really inspiring, the colour pallette and all of the dimention, there is so much going on, each time you look you see something new. Thanks for sharing.
    GeezerCrafter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bonnie!! Absolutely stunning! I love all of your elements and techniques and your colors are just YUMMY!!
    ")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful inking and colouring! I love it, the colours are fabulous and there are now some TH stamps that I would love to have. That is a truly beautiful tag Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, another gorgeous card! I love, love the colours and all the different textures! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Bonnie, this is just so beautiful, - stunning layering and I love the wonderful colours you have used! This is such a fantastic piece, absolutely love what you did here! Thanks so much for adding it to our current Country View Crafts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The BG u created goes so perfectly with the theme, I like the texturing and the flower, the embossed dragonfly looks amazing :) thank you for sharing with MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous layers and love the purple dragonfly! glad you played along with us at MMCC :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful, soft layers and colors. The dragonfly is wonderful! Thanks for playing at MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card! Love how you layered all the elements and created all the wonderful textures!

    ReplyDelete