Followers

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A tribute to Maria's tangles

For those who know me... I am this fabulous thing called Dial UP???  Not so great.. as it is very limiting to me... but I am dealing with it the best I can... I love where we live...so that really does compensate for the mess of dial up...  

Anyway... you also know I use a lot of words ... but I will try to keep this as few as possible...  

This week on I am the Diva, Laura has given us the Challenge to go out of the BOX....  I try all the time to stay as much out of the box as possible.. but have been really thinking about this... and came up with this...  

One thing that I really have trouble with is going to blogs... and I really want to see things... so where do you start...  at the beginning...  so I went to Maria and Ricks site... ZENTANGLE.blogspot.com  (all small letters... )  anyway... it took over 7 hours for me to download the site... but I got a lot of things done while it was downloading...  wash, cooked, cleaned a little bit.. not too much... and folded laundry... etc etc...  also played in the studio a little bit...  

After it was all down loaded.. .I had a feast and a half... eye candy plus... yikes... I love the way Maria TANGLES...  so very fluid and free...  your spirit must be the same Maria...  love it...  

So I tried to absorb some of it... but I printed it out and studied it all and finally realized that there was another area that I needed to try...  one was on black... and the other was to use purk like Maria did and create some things that moved with this tangle..  I love purk... I have never seen the video... (duh... dial up???  and videos are a no no issue plus!!!!)   but I have seen the ones on the tanglepatterns.com... and so I have become familiar with this tangle... and have to say that I do love it... you can see it on the other entry for this weeks challenge...  

I told you I used a lot of words... stop complaining... this is very special...  as I have finally downloaded a blog and have been able to see a whole new area of growth in myself...  LOL..  

So here... finally are a few of the things that came from that...  

I also drew the circles in the opposite direction...  usually I draw them as you would in writing... which is counter clock wise... I drew them clockwise... so I had to think about that...  

 So I started to play with Purk...  as I go along hopefully you will see what I learned from Maria's GREAT Tangles... I love the freedom and wanted to find that in my purks too...  

I think I did...  


 Maria has some that have all these great ones... turning and posing in all kinds of ways...  

I also had to experiment with the shading too... 
 The Daisy in all its glory... with a nice purk frame too...  a little bit different but... sort of a purky little thing... 
 And then I got into the Black paper with the white pen...  

My pen is sort of old.. .and the ink didn't flow as nicely as I would really have liked it... but hey...  I worked around that ...  and love these...a little different than I normally do... but that is what going out of the BOX is all about... right??? 
  Maria, has a gray pen... and I will have to look for one... but I used an Inktense gray pencil... and then used a little water to activate the color deeper...  and then accented with the white...  

I really had fun with this.. So thank you Maria for the eye candy and all the wonderful examples you have displayed on your blog...  I love the STEP signage too... really wonderful..  love it all... you really give from the heart.. thanks!!!  

I will try and down load a few more blogs when time allows... but when I do this, I have to go to that blog all the time... or else I loose the info that was downloaded and have to start all over...  at least I now have three that I can go to regularly...   The Divas, The Bright Owl... and Now ZENTANGLE.... yeah...  what fun this is..  

Well today is a very busy day for me... and I hope to get it all done.. I just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful comments that have been made on the entries this week for the other challenges... Thanks a million... I love you all... and really wish I could see all the wonderful things that you are creating too..  someday maybe I will be able too..  

Have a wonderful full day of creating and enjoying life... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie - I think we may be kindred spirits! :-) Love, love, love what you did with purk. It's one of my favorite tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have so much patience with this dial up, Bonnie. Your Purk is beautiful and so are the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't realize how much I take my high-speed internet for granted! Your purk is just gorgeous! I especially love the white on black with the gray shading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your variations of Purk are great.

    ReplyDelete