Followers

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The year of 4711

Last night I did a little research on line... LOL.. something I hardly ever do because of dial up... but it was the middle of the night and my speed on line was way up...  up to 44kbps.... yippeee.... it only took 15 minutes for the google page to come up!!!!  That is really fast around here...  

Anyway I found a snake that I really loved the shape of his body language... so I created this little tangle...   

 So this has Happy New Year on the right side...  Bamboo for a good life ahead... and the sun along with the two years for this year...  

I find this so very fascinating that the Snake is the 6th sign on the Chinese Zodiac... as 6 is my favorite number... and my Husband was born in the year of the snake...  and he is my favorite!!!  person in the world..  and he is very handsome like this snake is...  

Okay... so this is my second entry this week...maybe I will get a few more done too... that is for the year of the snake on the Diva's challenge
 

This morning we were talking to our son on the phone... which we haven't been able to connect for the past few weeks... schedules are too hectic on his and our parts...  so while we were talking I was of course doodling... and this went down the side of my list of things to get done today... which now I won't as we talked too long... but that is okay...  

If you want to see some of his work... you can go here...   He is a chain saw carver... and travels all over the world doing exhibitions of all kinds...  
Scotland and UK is a favorite... but so is Germany... and he has even gotten a few requests while in Peru...  so he has left some of his talents all over...  such a good feeling to know that your off spring are doing what they love... 

So since I have mentioned our Son...  I have to give equal time to our daughter who is now throwing clay... and is loving it... she has always wanted to be a potter... and is taking that along with getting her masters... so both of our 'children' have allowed the artistic talents to come alive...  

Both Glenn and I are artistic.....so I am glad that they have pursued this in their lives...  makes my heart sing...  and our grandson is showing great signs of the same...  

Well...  just wanted to share that all with you...  

Hope you all have a great day... and thanks for stopping in for a spot of tea... coffee, or even kombucha...  check that stuff out... really a great health drink... love the stuff...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie...  

3 comments:

  1. Your snake is lovely Bonnie. I went to the website of your son and I agree with you, he is an ARTIST. I gave the link to my husband, because he also works with wood. Inspite of the fact that he is spastic, he makes beautiful forms in wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets start with to say.. i love your snake.
    than I went to the site of your son and I was blowen away!!!
    this is great!!!!
    Yes I agry!! he truly is an artist!! wauw wauw wauw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this second tile that you have given us! The snake is not scary or hard to like! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete