Followers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dressmaker Frills

 Grungy Monday...Linda really got me on this one... 
The Challenge is to use some of Tim's Techniques that were used on the 12 Tags of Christmas... so that meant I had to make a decision!!!  not a good thing for me to do today...  LOL... Way too many techniques... and I love them all... so I started off choosing which ones I hadn't used for over a week!!! 

On January 1st I used Tissue tape, and glossy accents on the box... and then on the 2nd I used all kinds of techniques for paper pieces for the Patchwork Pandominium Framed art work... and then Tissue flowers on the New and Old Stripes for the Altered Alice piece... and I used letters on Tim's Birthday card... also a lot of folder embossing...  On January 3rd... I used tissue wrap on the little santa house... that was really fun...  
On the altered Address Box I used inking and letters... and of course I had to buy some new dies... so I got the letters of Upon a time... and Tag and Tab die... love that one... and the stamp of Letters to Santa... which as you know I will be using year round the words... love it... 

I made a forest of little trees from the Rosettes and that brings me up to here...  so I have been having fun with the techniques already .... and putting them into my daily usage... as much as I can... that is the only way you make them part of your work... 

So on this tag... I used the technique from Day #9 .... I stamped a 6x6 Impression Obsession background tag with Victorian Velvet... and then quickly used Clear embossing powder on it... and heat gunned it... then I used Brushed Corduroy on the blending tool for the edges and background... there are areas, which are now covered up, that were left white... I love that look.. and maybe if I didn't get so carried away with adding all these fun things you could see it... 

 You can see the background here a little bit more... and then also the Just Rite stamp.  which I colored with some very soft markers...  the paper flowers are soft too... 




 The Rosettes are made with paper from My Minds Eye and Prima... I took 6x6 papers and glued them together so they would make the nice rosettes... and then used a pearl on the center... to match the ones along the tissue ruffle...  I used a piece of seam binding tape for the vine... which was colored with a stain... and I think it was Shabby shutters??? not really sure right now...
 I used some Idea-ology too... the Trinket pin and the word token... Moments... 




And then used as stated above the tissue paper on a roll for the ruffle...  love that... and a little Martha Stewart paper lace... 

Of course the main mannequin is made from a Tim die... and I used sticky back canvas... which I distressed and then inked with Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen Stains...  Is this frilly or what... I love it... but it all started out with the wonderful background... so it couldn't help but be fun to play with...  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit and please go to Grungy Monday and see all the pretties... and also stop by Tim's site for more fun and wonderful eye candy.   

Have  a fun day... see you tomorrow with more things... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie


6 comments:

  1. Oh Bonnie...this is beautiful. I love all the lace and flowers and rosettes. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...just gorgeous...and so much bling and things to see! I love the pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Bonnie! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tag - and thanks for the tip about using 6 x 6 papers for the rosettes!

    ReplyDelete