Followers

Sunday, June 8, 2014

FRIENDS

Today is SUNDAY STAMPER day...  and Hels asked us to do something with FRIENDS as the theme... 


BUT..... it is also her BIRTHDAY....  so I did something in honor of both....  HAPPY BIRTHDAY HELS... with many more to follow and happier each and every year... 


 
Okay, I wanted to decorate a few envelopes that I made as samples for a class... SOOOOooooooo this is the first one... 
I used Tims template for the flowers...  Tattered Floral Garden... I think I bought this when it first came out... and haven't used it too many times... I really like the flowers and so I am using it more often... used it yesterday in my piece for the CC3 4th challenge... have you entered yet??? Please  join us all.. it is so wonderful...
 
anyway...  using this one more... love the way these flowers came out... 
 
The envelope is about 4 inches by 5 inches... not really big... but nice enough to put a small note or card into...  and I guess you can send this size... but I would have to put this into another envelope... lol... I do make things more complicated... don't I???  but I do have fun... and Hels I still have ink and gesso on my hands from cleaning up this morning... (from my play day yesterday!!!!  ) 

Happy Birthday HELS... 


 
Happy Birthday Hels...  

 
This is my FRIENDS one...
I had made a huge rubberstamp of a leaf... and so I made a piece of paper using it a long time ago... and so I finally used it... it was one of those pieces of paper that you love and don't want to use... so silly... my studio is filled with those kinds of piles... and I am trying to break that habit... and am winning sometimes... LOL.. not too often.. 
 
I also made a few Rosettes using another Tim Template...  and layered them... love that ... I also used another piece of paper... but this one was from making other things... and it was the 'throw away' paper... that I personally can't throw away... so I use it...  LOL... and it really made a nice rosette... 

 
Of course I also dyed some ribbon... I just got a few rolls of seam binding... and can now PLAY with gusto... had to be a little conservative there for a while... was down to the last few yards...  I love ribbons... so this was a problem... 
 

 
You can see how very pretty this rosette came out... I had pinks and gold metallic on the paper... and then edged it with Walnut stain...  lovely together... love that....
 
The pinks... are Red Mahogany, Victorian Velvet and Pickled Raspberries...  together they make a wonderful statement...  love it...   

 
Okay... then I had to get grounded a little bit... as I was flying around the studio...  and so I used a piece of my purple and blue paper... another one from a special stash...  and then added my favorite of all... a DRAGONFLY... there were about three on the back deck this morning sunning themselves... so very pretty... I colored this one with alcohol inks... and a blending pen...  love the effects and the colors... 
 
 

 
Oh... and green liquid pearls for the eyes... YES... can't forget the DRAGONFLIES eyes... 
 
Hope you have a fun day today...  and also enjoy creating something ... I certainly did... and Hels, I hope you have the best of all birthdays... sounds like you are surrounded by friends and having a blast... keep it going all week long.... 
 
Thank you for stopping by for a visit...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! Looks like you had a lot of fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April... I did have fun... and continued to play making more of them too... having a class on this next week... so needed samples..that is a good excuse right??? Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

    ReplyDelete