Followers

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Riley's Book

What a special day it is when my Grandson comes and we make a book!!!!
He is 6 years old... and will be 7 in 12 days...  so I thought it would be fun to make a book all about his 6th year on the earth...

HE made the book... I just told him some things to do... but basically HE made the book...

The first thing that he did was to make all his dye stained ribbons... like me ... he had a blast doing it... and if I had let him, he would have done my last roll of 100 yards of seam binding... LOL... As it was I think he made about 20 yards... and one piece is prettier than the next...

Then he made some charms with shrinking plastic... one was a pumpkin scene for his pumpkin patch picture.... you can see the pumpkin charm by the Y...  hanging down...

Then he started to make the actual book, by making the paper for the cover.... he used some Tim Holtz masks... and then got into my sprays... oh my goodness... does he LOVE them...  I had to stop him before he made a muddy color... 

But ont he back he chose all bright colors... and it is so great... we had to chop off some of his name, as the number 6 didn't allow for everything to get on there...

But both pieces of paper really came out GREAT... he loves art and creating... and really takes great pleasure in the whole piece...





Then we traced the pattern that he made for the covers... and he cut out about 12 pieces of cardstock for the inside pages...  Meanwhile, I printed some pictures out for him.. and cut them all into nice pictures to be mounted onto each page... 

On each page we put what it was... like first day he was 6 at his birthday party..... first day of school, friends, Halloween, Christmas, etc. etc...

But on the very first page, I traced around his hand... and he wrote his name on the inside of it.. 

I did the same with our kids ... but at the time I was into quilting ... so I have their hand prints on pillows... I love them so very much... they are so cute...

Riley's hand still had ink all over the side when he wrote his name and smeared the ink down the side!!! But hey... it is so cute... who cares...

The book is almost filled... but he still has a few days, and then maybe he will even find some more pictures that are special that he will put into this little book...

I certainly did have a fun time... and know that in years to come he will hopefully look back on the this special day when we made this book...

Happy Birthday Riley...  Love Nana...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit to my blog of things... hope that you have a nice day and will create something special with someone special too... Love, Light and Peace... .Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie
    Another budding artist in the making just like grandma. He will treasure the book and the special time with you for the rest of his life I am sure.
    My grandkids always talk about the things we did together. Such fun to do them and then to relive them over again in the following years.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete