Followers

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Love for Life

Oh what a sweet picture of my maternal grandparents... it was taken on the day that they announced their engagement...  a long long time ago... almost a hundred years ago... short only2 years... wow... a life time of love...  or Love for life... 

This tag was made for a few challenges... 

Grungy Monday Grunge board to be used, which are the letters on the fancy label... LOVE which were stained with Faded jeans stain, and then the edges with Black soot stain... 

I used white glossy to make the dot on each letter... just for some added texture... the fancy label was colored with some perfect pearls ... 

Simon Says Stamp and Show wanted embossing going on ... so I did a little bit of embossing... I have heart embossed the whole tag...I also embossed and spritzed the paper behind the picture of my grandparents...   

Theme Thursday   Wanted ROMANCE... which I think I have here with this picture... yikes... they were married thru some really pretty tough times.. .the depression and from then until the late 60's...  when my grandfather crossed over into heaven...  So this was on their engagement day... up on an island that my grandmother grew up on in Maine... called Orr's Island... her last name was Prince... and her father's store still stands with the Prince name on it... the house she was born in is also still standing there... so many family memories... I spent many summers in Maine on this same island... a happy summer time place... 


Lots of romance on the island all the time... way too many cousins were born from January until May... 


I added the charms on the bottom of the tag... My grandmother loved pearls... and the key says LIFE on it... and the white heart was for pure love... the light bulb... a funny story... 


Funny Story... My grandfather was a sick man... bed ridden with arthritis most of his later years of life... so we amused himself with drawing, painting, and writing... some of his writings I have published for him... poems and so much love in each and every one of them... well in doing this I found a list of things that had been invented in his life time... one was a light bulb... I thought about making a list like that... but the list would be endless... as something is invented almost every minute of each 24 hours of every day... but back then... not many ... but very powerful items... like the car, plane, LIGHT BULBS... so I put one on this tag as a reminder...  to me about the list.. 

The flower... I used Tim Holtz's Floral die cut... and used pages from a book and cut the flowers out... I used Antique linen on the edges and then created the flower...  


The seam binding tape was colored with the excess dye for the background and also the perfect pearls left on the work sheet... never leave anything unused at all.. LOL... 


Now you have all the reasons why I made this tag... now I have to turn this tag into a page for my book on my Mothers life growing up... 


Thanks for taking a look at my tag... look below at the other one I made at the same time... also for my book.. 


Stay cool and enjoy today... Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. I love your creation. It is all done out of love, with love and it is beautiful all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie
    Such a pretty tag and I love a good real life story.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Bonnie, thank you for sharing your project such a lovely one. Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog. And good luck. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag is gorgeous and what a sweet engagement picture to highlight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so wonderful to see your family photos, Bonnie, and once again, you've created a beautiful homage to your loved ones. This is sweet and gorgeous and heartwarming, and another perfect piece for Grungy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Bonnie,
    I just love your tag, so intricate! You always do beautiful work. TFS
    Hug to you.

    ReplyDelete