Followers

Monday, September 1, 2014

Tag your It with Ruffles... oh what fun

You know sometimes things are fun.. .but then sometimes they are REALLY FUN... this tag was a lot of fun...  and yet I am not totally sure I like it 100%...  it might have a little too much on it... but I LOVE it anyway....

It is for two challenges...  The Kraft Journal... which again.. thank you ladies for picking out my piece AGAIN... the one where I have FLOWERS GROWING OUT OF PAPER...  love that piece too...  I think that makes my fourth win at KRAFT JOURNAL... I love your challenges... what can I say... 

This week at Kraft Journal the theme is Ruffles for the #187 challenge...  I had to think about what kind of ruffles I was going to do for this... it was not a cut and dry type of process going on in the brain department...  it was a thought process... 

The other Challenge is for Sugar Creek Hollow which I have to say Thank You to all of your ladies too... for picking out my Summer Time FLOWERS... I also love that piece...  thank you so very much...  I really love to share and also love to win... who doesn't... 

This time on Sugar Creek Hollow #94  the theme is TAG YOU are it...  so I made a tag for this challenge... but not just an ordinary tag... it is a special tag... 

So far... I have a tag with ruffles... lets see what else happened... 

 
The words on the plate are
THE JOURNEY IS THE DESTINATION.... 
This is so very true... 
Think about these words... so very powerful...
Okay... 
I bought this 'plate' which is metal, at the dollar store... it was bright yellow... not my color.. so it got painted a long long time ago...
I also made some paper beads... and of course a few different colors of seam binding ribbons... 
 
the RUFFLE...
it is made out of paper... which you will see more of in a minute... 
and the flower...
 
Well it is made from book pages and muslin fabric... using the famous tattered floral die cut... 
 
the paper I colored with distress inks and then used a stencil for the queen annes lace... 
 
 

 
Sometimes when I 'make' paper, I add little bits and pieces of pther papers that are laying on my worktable... this paper was in my bin to use...  it is going to be for a birthday present...  you will see how ... just hold on...  the leaves are made with texture paste and a stencil and allowed to dry and then cut out for adding dimension to my  flowers.. my favorite thing to use in my art...

 
 

 
Now if you really looked closely you would have seen that there were TWO tags...  maybe you could have seen that... ???  not really sure... 
 
Anyway...

 
The top tag slides away for the second one to be seen... and the second one has a pocket with a special little 'thing' in it... 

 
 

 
The little 'THING' opens up... and it can very nicely hold a check or a bill for a present... what a nice thing... 
 
All nice and hidden too.. 

 
Folds back up again... of course you can really go wild with decorating these too... I had a class last week and that is what we made.. and the gals loved it ... and let me tell you they really dolled them up... had the bling thing going and all... lovely little POCKETS... of goodness... 
 
So that is my TAG your IT... with RUFFLES on it... I hope you like it... and thanks for any comments you so graciously leave for me to enjoy... I do enjoy them all...  I try and write to as many as I can... and then I also try and go to your blogs and leave a message for you too... thanks ever so much...
 
Have a great day... and thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...
please go to these sites and see all the other pretties that have been made for these challenges... 
 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 


4 comments:

  1. So funny! Love your tag :-) And its so beautiful decorated! Thanks for joining us at Suger Creek Hollow this time. DT Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag Bonnie! So frilly and fun at the same time! Gorgeous frame and I love your big shabby flower! Wonderful make! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very sweet tag Bonnie...I love your decoration.
    Nice to see you at SCH.
    Hugs Plony

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of great details, thanks for joining us at SCH
    hugs

    ReplyDelete