Followers

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

FIVE ... something with FIVE???

Anything but a CARD has a challenge going to use the number 5... Five of anything...  I have so many different projects that I need to get finished... and thought of how I could incorporate one of them for this challenge... finally it came to me... 

I wanted to make a small recipe book that has my FIVE favorite recipes in it...  for a quick reference, etc... it is going to be small, unlike the huge bin that I have for all my collection of recipes... 

So I got to work on this project... and here is what it looks like... I personally don't have the recipes in it... but they are going into it tonight... I love it... just the perfect size etc... 

It is 4.5 inches wide and 8.5 tall... and I used only one sheet of chipboard for the whole project... love it...  I used Tim's Wall flower paper and added some other clip art to the birds...  I am into a bird phase now...  can't get enough birds into my art... 


 
This is the cover of my book...  and I love these particular birds...  so great with the nest...  and the eggs... eggs, time, herbs... that is what it all stands for ... 



About five years ago my husband and I went gluten Free...  it was a life saving measure...  we were both have severe reactions from wheat... so when we gave it up, it meant that I needed to buy certain things that we loved... but couldnt' find them... so I started to make them myself...  you can find them today... but we are hooked on the ones I make...  Morning muffins, I generally make 24 at a time... gives my hubby enough for a few days... LOL... and then there are cookies that we like... they are sort of like granola bars... but I make them round like a cookie... needed a place for these kinds of recipes...  
The back of this book... more birds... matching the lovely yellow flowers ... eggs and more eggs all around.. .well I do use a lot in my cooking that is for sure... and since we have chickens...  I have a lot of eggs to use... 


So when you open the book... you see more birds... and more birds... but you also see FIVE pages... with tabs on each one... these are my 5 favorite recipes that I use to make our goodies with... 
 
I dont' use them everyday... but often...  other recipes are in my huge filing system of recipes...  
 
As you can see there are love birds on the first page... and then the tabs... I already have 3 recipes in there... and the other two will go in later today.. .as the project will then be complete..
 
This is the inside of the back cover... more birds... that I LOVE... 
 
So that is my #5 project...  5 favorite recipes for my book... 
 
Thanks so very much for stopping by for a visit... and also thank you for all the design teams inspirations and love to make this challenge possible... 
 
Hope you have a wonderful day... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I just love the birds and foliage! What a great recipe book! You have created another work of art that is functional! Big crafty hugs my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie this is so lovely! What a terrific idea too to store your favourite healthful recipes in one place. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card's 5 Challenge. Did you see that we have a DT call at the moment?

    ReplyDelete