Followers

Monday, November 14, 2011

I {HEART} Birds and Flowers

 Well being that it is MONDAY ... .all day.. it is always a jammed full day for me... I try and do a few challenges... and also get the house in order for the week... do a little laundry... and all that kind of thing... My mother had asked m piece of paper 5 X 6.75 and then used a Martha Stewart corner/border punch set...  called bird and twig... and punched the paper for the next layer... I used Antique Linen on that layer... 
Then the next layer... is where I used the Tim Holtz  technique that Linda has for Grungy Monday...   

I have over 100 mini misters all made up... as I use them all the time... I used one that had Shabby Shutters and a copper in it...  a favorite I must say at this time of year...  

...  I think you can see the copper in the picture above...  
Then for the mask...I made my own... BUT... I didnt have the special making film... so I used a piece of recycled plastic... and then ran it through the xyron and placed it lightly onto the card stock... that way I got a good firm crisp mask...  and I sprayed the paper...  I used Tim's Caged Bird die cut... and cut the bird at the same time from a piece of scrap paper...  (love the birds print... don't you??)  

 

Then I used Victorian Velvet Distress ink and my blending tool and colored the cage, very lightly... as I didn't want it very dark...  wanted the color as a hint... not a cage that was that color...  

Then using water, I made water spots... but they don't show up real well... as I covered most of them.... but there is one huge one on top of the cage!!!  that is all you can see... 

I wanted to used some Grunge Board too... so I chose a heart and wings... and colored them with H20's and also the heart with my mini misted filled with Sunflower gold and Victorian Velvet... do you think I love that color... I only use a bottle of the ink every couple of weeks...  is that  a lot????  I do love that rich color...  

I happened to have a few baby wipes from clean up of my Victorian Velvet on my worksheets... so I cut them up using Tim's Tattered Floral Die cut... and made the little flowers for the card...  

I took my stamp of the leaf that I made and stamped up a few leaves... and then cut them out with a deckled edge scissor... and glued them under the corners...  


I also used some of the 7 Gypsies paper that I won from a Shopping Spree on Simon Says Stamp and Show a few weeks ago... if you have not been to this place to shop... you are missing out on a fun time... they have so many wonderful things to buy... it is hard to limit yourself... so don't even try... just have fun.. 

I grunged the sides of my cardstock by using a distress stain... shabby Shutters... and while the stain was still wet, I curled up the corners... so I would have a place to tuck the flowers...  what fun.



 
So there it is...  a final look at this card... now I have to make up my mind about something really serious... I made this for someone special... but I love the card so very much... that I want to keep it...  ??? Do you EVER have that happen to you???  

Oh dear me...  

What to do??? 


Well I have a few days to think about it...  



Here is another project I did a long time ago with the same technique...  

 I really do enjoy this technique... and if you haven't tried it... check out the Grungy Monday now... and try it out... it is tons of fun... you can see my water spots better on this one... LOL   I do enjoy this 100% 

Hope you have a wonderful day... and that you create something fun... 

Thanks for stopping by... and hope to see you soon... 

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 


3 comments:

  1. Love your lovely card and also the tag. You really got over a 100 mini misters?? Waw, I have got one! hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful layers to your card. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - where to start?! 100 mini misters? Get out! I have, like, 5. LOL! If I tell you everything I love about this, we'd be here all day. It's totally gorgeous and I LOVE the baby wipe flowers!!

    ReplyDelete