Followers

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A special Box

I wanted to create an un-Christmas box for my son... as he loves to keep art out in his house all year long... so I went to the Dollar store and bought a nice size box... about 6 X 6  inches... and I covered it... 

I really had a lot of fun... 
Brett and Casey will love this... this is the top of box... which I turned upside down and hinged it...  as we go along you will see totally what I did...  I used a lot of things from Tim's idea-ology line... like these black letters... love using them on different things... they fit great on these little wooden blocks... Also since this part of the box was all about birds... I used the mini cage...
Since a box has 4 sides... they each were decorated a little bit differently...  First off I took a 12 x 12 paper and inked and stamped all kinds of sayings from Tim's stamps and also other sayings that I love... I cut it into 4 pieces... and then glued onto the four sides...  

I used Tissue tape in places to accent things... and also different dies....  embossed papers... and then die cut...  

 
Here are the other three sides... 

Each side is like a tag... so I will enter this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge as well as the Grungy Monday challenge... They both have to do with Tim Holtz's Christmas tags... and these are must a little different...  LOL...
I used a different Tim die on each side... and had to use the car a couple of times...  Love that little car...

When the box is closed ... with the lid down... it looks like this... inside the box there are 12 tags... one for each month of the year.... This tag is resting on a plate holder... love these for all kinds of things... how perfect for this too... 

I really enjoyed making this project and know that Brett and Casey will too...  for a good year at least...  

I also found that on Grungy Monday we had to use some tissue... so this is for that Challenge...  I will also have another project... so hold on... it is coming next... 

Thanks for stopping by... see you in a little while... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, love all the elements. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! I love the colors and embellishments you chose too! what a great gift : )

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube

    ReplyDelete