Followers

Friday, December 2, 2011

The second day of TAGS.... Please don't forget to check back in here each and every morning until December 25th... there will be a new tag each day... and while Tim Holtz is doing his tags... there will be at least 2 new tags... YIKES... good thing I love tags... Can you guess how my tree is going to be decorated this year???? You got it ... tags and other paper things I will make... so much fun... 

So here is my tag for today... 
A little different than Tim's as I didn't have a few of the things that he used... but I got a tag that I love...  

I started off with a kraft colored tag... and then I stamped some tissue paper... using of course Tim's stamps... the music and deer stamped in archival ink...then I adhered to the tag... and dried...  I then created my deer like Tim did... and put a red scarf on the deers neck.... and I used Hemp cording that a friend bought for me the other day... thanks Marie... I love it...  I also used the hemp cording at the bottom of the tag and also at the top...  I try to always use things in uneven numbers...  makes it more attractive to say the least..  ( a trick from LONG long ago... )      
 Then a the top... I tried embossing the word joy... and used distress embossing powder... but it didn't show up enough for me... if you look real close you can see it... LOL.. nothing like pointing out mistakes... but if you are perfect it is almost not human... right??? 


Anyway... so I thought about using Grunge letters... painted them red... and accented with a little black and gold Twinkling H20's...  I sanded the Merriment token... and adhered to Trinket pin... along with my seam binding which I created with Victorian Velvet... I have to say that color is so very rich and wonderful... love using it... I have a REALLY good feeling when I do too...  love it... 




At the bottom of the tag I did a little of a different application... I used a Martha Stewart punch of holly... and painted it with a few different Distress Stains... Pine, Peeled Paint and I grabbed one other one... and can't remember which it was... so sorry... but when creating it is a flurry of things...  then I added some Twinkling H20 gold...  I did have the gold dobber... but wanted a brighter gold...  so I didnt' distress with a darker color either... I added the star brads... as the STARS are also for a couple of other Challenges... like Simon Says Stamp and Show... and also Stamper Sunday... and also this tag will be shown on Grungy Monday... as Linda has opened the next two weeks to Creating freely and posting... wow... what wonderful challenges...  Thanks to all of them... I love them all... and just this past week won $50.00 in Free shopping at Simon Says Stamp and Show... and also won a Tim Holtz Journal from Grungy Monday... am I lucky or what???  I will share all the goodies I receive from both when they arrive here... Thanks again to all these wonderful challenges... 

Back to the stars...  These brads have to be over 8 years old... but they are still wonderful, aren't they??? Hey they will be vintage soon right??? only 12 more years...  LOL... 
 
This tag also appears on Inspiration Emporium… so please take a few minutes and check out all the WONDERFUL tags there… they look so different and I personally think there are some there that are not on Tim’s … but check it out…

Thanks Shelly for telling me about this site… I love it… will be going there often…  that is for sure… my kind of site…


So there you have my tag...  I hope you have a wonderful day and create something wonderful for someone.... I hope also that you take a look at Tim's site today and over the next 10 days... as there are some beautiful tags going up there... I just wish I was able to get to all the blogs to see them all... dial up really does inhibit my abilities in ways... but I stick to my art and create as I see it...  

Thanks so very much for stopping by today for a visit... ya'll have a GREAT day... it is sunny and very very blue sky here today.. a little on the chilly side... but hey... it is December .... 

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie  

3 comments:

  1. Красивый, хороший тег!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty . . .and I love your JOY word. I think it looks so good. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like your version of the tag! So many details!!!

    ReplyDelete