Followers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A letter to Santa


A letter to Santa is the name of the stamp set by Tim Holtz… and I have to say that I love it… I have used the Santa stamp, the branch stamp and the words… which I will most likely use all year long… as I love word stamps… they are so universal for all stamped items…  



Okay… to start off… I misted some Mini Misters onto my work sheet and then put my tag over them… and colored the tag… it is so vibrant…  I love the colors… also used a little Perfect Pearls Mist… Biscotti… just to give it a little more glitz… love that subtle glitz…  I am not really into bright glitters… soft glitters are fine…

Then I took my branch stamp… and using a distress stain… one of the greens… ( I just grab… and what lands in my hands is what I have to use… I have them sorted by color… so a green is what I got)  Then used an archival Black I stamped the words… 

Used my distressing edger and then used Shabby shutters on the edges… (distress stain …. ) 

Then I went onto to make my Santa.  



I stamp the Santa using Black Archival ink (Ranger)  and then used Tattered Rose on his face… Thanks Hels for the heads up on that color and Santas face… PERFECT…. 100% love it… thanks again.. Speaking of Hels Sheridan...  have you checked out her wonderful work... you can see it here... and also this tag is for her challenge this week of SANTA.... you know Santa is coming soon... yikes... really soon...  are you ready for him to arrive???    Sunday Stamper... that is the name of the challenge... I have trouble with remembering that... so sorry Hels... as I do love doing it... 
A little blue on his eyes. …. And then I started to want more color… and I didn’t want it to be dark… but subtle… 

So I stamped the Santa again… using Plum Archival ink pad… I cut the plum areas out that I wanted to use… and glued them into place… then I used some Flocking for his hat… and some crackle for his beard… (I just wanted some texture… )  and t hen I punched out some Holly leaves (Martha Punch)  from paper that I had used some mini misters on some paper and had saved as a scrap… so I am not really sure what colors etc that I used at all…  Glue the leaves in place… and then using Victorian Velvet and Fired Brick Distress Stickles I made the berries…  just a little hint of the color was all I desired… so they were perfect… I wanted a soft Santa… and I think I got it…

The bottom of the tag… I attached the three bells with a Seam binding bow… and was almost done… used some Random Letters from Tim’s Idea-ology selection of goodies.. and put the word  saNta on the tag… 

Now I was done…

Oh well.. I have another tag started… so I had to finish that one too… onward…  I really want to put Christmas away… but keep on making things… 

I can’t help it… being addicted is a problem…. RIGHT??? 
And I love every minute of it… 

Gotta go hang upside down for a while and will show you the next tag…. I have been using my inversion table more often now… for all kinds of reasons… and love it again…  so good for you… gotta keep the body fit… not only the mind… 

Hope you will take a look at the next tag too…  Thanks for visiting my blog and taking a look at my things that I love to share… hope you will create some too…

Love, Light and Peace….Bonnie 

2 comments:

  1. totally divine! Biscotti is my go-to PP Mist you know, I use it on loads of stuff! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper... and... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your tag = your background with that branch looks great. Very christmassy!

    ReplyDelete