Followers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Own paper flowers

I love flowers of all kinds.... real ones, silk ones, pressed ones, and paper ones... and I have been making flowers with paper since I was a kid... I am sure you can remember making flowers with Tissues... and you would put color on the edges using your moms rouge!!! Boy that was a thing of the past... rouge??? Last year I became excited to learn how to make flowers with punches... and bought all the needed punches to create tons of flowers... I love them on cards... and enjoy making them... but I wanted my own flowers too. So I started to make some.
Here are some of the cards I have made so far with some of them.

The Turquoise flower one has a green leaf wreath ... Y didn't cut the center out, as I wanted the gold flecks to show... I love splattering the gold paint onto the finished product... that is why I love these Twinkling H20's so much... This card was for the sketch challenge on Wednesday... and I love the use of the triangular shape in the background... allows for more texture to be added and also additional colors. So I did one in white that was run thru the cuddlebug dotted swiss folder and then another new paper from K and Company...

Each flower is actually two flowers, layered to give the full look. And in the center of each flower I put a half pearl and then added some Stickles diamond dust by Ranger... Love the look this has in real life... very glitter and yet not trashy looking... so many times when you add a glitter to something it is not pretty... it starts to look trashy and I dont' like that at all..

Behind the lattice I have a scrap of paper that has been painted with H20's also.. I just can't throw away a tiny piece of paper that has been painted... and this was just the size I needed for that space... so I got to use it. I punched some Vellum with a Marvy Butterfly punch... and added some pearls and this was a wrap...
Another type of flower.. and also another leaf arrangement... this one is an arch of leaves and the flower is sort of cross between an aster and a daisy... This is another card I did for the same challenge... I had to get my bird punch in this one... and color them with a gold pen...
My friend Victoria gave me this punch... that I think I have said prior on this blog that I never would have bought for myself... even for a $1.00... it is the little tag punch... by Fiskars... and I love it... I have been using it a lot... I love the tininess of it ,and have so many stamps that fit into this space... I love it for a small greeting of some kind... You will see some other ways I have used it too in other cards.. thanks again Victoria.. I do love it.
This is the same flower as above... but with different coloring... and then here it is with White... just cut out... again these are also layered in twos for that dimensional look... and I added some colored dimensional Pearls by Ranger... I have all the colors and love them all.. I use them for so many different accents... on lots of things... a must in my cabinet of things to have.
Thanks for taking a look at my cards... have a wonderful day... and enjoy every minute of it...

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

1 comment: