Followers

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My first felted FAIRY

Being Wednesday I had a lot of misc things I had to do.. and didn't think I would get into the studio at all.. but I did... wow... and I got a lot done...
 
First off, I dyed some natural roving  with my Tim Holtz Color Wash sprays...  they are suppose to hold the color even though washing... so I am told??? Not really sure... but  I will NOT be washing these, so I am not worried about that... 
 
I put the color into the wool and then when it was dry, I combed it with my wool combs... 
 
OKAY...  then I realized that I needed to make a doll armature...  and started to look for my wrapped wires... perfect... found some... then I needed some beads, and maybe some other fibers, and assorted things... (had to clean out a few drawers too... they were messy and that is my rule when I see something like that...)  so at about 2 in the afternoon, I was ready to start to make my first FAIRY...
 
And then my hubby came in for lunch...  OMG... so I always like to enjoy that time together...even if I dont' eat... which today I didn't...  so I talked for a while... did his dishes... and ran into the studio... LOL... literally... 
 
so here is the first FELTED  FAIRY I have ever made...  I have only felted very limited too... so both were sort of new to me...
 
I really had fun... and used all my own hand dyed wools...
 
 
I have already figured out a few things to change about making these... but sure did like the way this one came out...  LOL.. but I bet after a few more, I will be upset that I posted this one.. .right??? 



Top half of her...  she has flowers all the way around her beautiful Butterscotch hair... LOL.. 


 
Put a dime in a picture so you could see how large she is... only about 2 inches tall...  I love her... she is so cute... now I  have to make a HOUSE for her... how come every thing begets something else...  oh well.. I will have to make one...  LOL... loving all this miniature stuff... 
 
Hope you have had a nice day... and have created something fun...  if not... why haven't you???  Get up and create and become ALIVE with the feelings of creation... 
 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit and I really appreciate all your comments that you are all leaving... I really look forward to reading them all.. 

 
My Fairy says... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 
 

4 comments:

  1. She's adorable Bonnie. Can't wait to see the house!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to start on that house soon... the little one has to have some place to live... right??? thanks for your comment... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is just great! I know you had fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have fun... just like you had fun over the hill in Tn... glad you saw all those pretty birds... what fun... thanks for your kind words... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

      Delete