Followers

Friday, December 11, 2009

And Softly Fell the Silent Snow.....




Oh so many places have snow... so I created this card (On the left) to represent many things... we have a beautiful day here in North Carolina, but the weather can change any minute to something different. This card was created for a couple of challenges on Split Coast Stampers, One of which was to create a card that reminded you of a Christmas carol and the other challenge was to create a simple card, with limited layers and only a bow as an embellishment. So I think this fits the two of them... (the song being O little town of Bethlehem... )

To get started I wanted the star to be punched so that the white was the actual card... and the navy star is the liner and the pale blue is the front panel... I cut the pale blue paper 4.5 X 5 and ran it through the embossing folder made by Cuddlebug. Then I cut the star with the Spellbinder star set... using the next to the smallest star. Then I lined up the navy paper and allowed enough edge for the punches and then cut the second star... then of course finished it off with punching the corners with the Punch Bunch star corner punch...

I used a white Gel pen to create the snow on the roofs of all the houses and trees, and then used a little Stickles... star dust.. what else to make the snow glisten... Pop dotted the light blue paper and glued the card together... Attached a very pale blue bow and Voila' the card was done...

Perfect for a snowbound friend.. to say Hi and hope you are okay...

The card on the right was created with the same technique.. only the paper had the stars on it... and I just cut one out... a really easy card... Adding the angel (Hark the Herald Angles sing) and a bow and this card was ready to be addressed too...

A few more gifts have to be made and then to wait for the magical day to arrive...
Hope you have a fun filled and exciting day planned and that all you want to get done will be finished by tonight! Enjoy and as always,
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Awesome cards. Congratulations and welcome to the addictive world of Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me about your blog. I loved your picture.
    Maybe I'll get one on my profile soon. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey1 I've seen some of your art over at SCS and now I found your blog. I'll be a follower--want to come follow me, too?
    adctd2stamping(SCS) aka joanne
    http://cardologyetc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete