Followers

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Simple Layers

I call this simple layering... as it is just a few layers...  or nothing really FANCY...  LOL... all cards are fancy when you personally make them... so I hope that you understand where I am coming from with this statement... 

 
I think that you will be able to see what I mean by simple... I made a Martha Stewart background... so many people have asked me how to do this... in the original box that your punch came in, there was a piece of paper that did explain how to use these punches... and like so many... I also threw it out... I didn't need directions for how to punch... I had tons of punches... BUT I came to realize that the directions had the sizes of paper I  could use for these special punches...  so you need to cut the paper to the size you want to punch and then you can start to make your layers...  I simply put a vintage post card with a few tea bags folded on the side...  with of course a ribbon that was dyed by hand...
 
Okay.. the ribbon... you can buy that by searching for it on line...  it is $9.00 for a spool of 100 YARDS,.. and then you spritz it with inks.... how easy can that be... the hardest part is waiting for it to dry...LOL... you want to use it now... use a heat gun or hair dryer to LIGHTLY dry it...  it is rayon... be  careful  not to burn it... 

Another VERY simple card... 
 

 
This is also simple... I simply cleaned up my work space... a little of this and that can make a card... organize it by putting it onto a MS background...  what fun.. the snail is a Zen tangle that I drew and copied many times... colored and cut out... what fun you can have... add your own personal touches every where you can... 
The roses... I used Tim Holtz's pine cone die cut... and relaxed the whole thing and spritzed different colors on it... voila... and now you have a rose... 
 

A close up of the medallion... 
 

 
I have this card in this section, as I wanted to show you that by using a piece of scrapbook paper you can make a very nice background too...  and then add a spellbinder piece... and a medallion and you have a card...  yipppppeeee do... Love it...  of course some dyed ribbon.. 

 
 
Hope that you have enjoyed  these... and thanks so very much for stopping by for a visit...  love having you visit me... leave me some words too... thanks...
 
Have a special nice day... enjoy the weather no matter it is in your area.. and create something special too...
 
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 


2 comments:

  1. Wow - you've been busy Bonnie. Very pretty cards indeed. Your tea bag embellishments are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the go in my studio... if I am not teaching, I am playing or working of special orders for different projects... right now I am working on invitations to my daughter in laws baby shower... along with thank you notes... that is 30 of each... and then there are all the other things associated with the whole thing... always fun and enjoying life to the fullest... hope that you are doing the same... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete