Followers

Monday, April 7, 2014

Gate Cards

I love making gate cards... they add a different dimension before you even get started with the rest of the card...  never made one???  better try making at least one...  they are fun. 

Tomorrow I will show you a different style gate card... so please make sure you come back tomorrow too... LOL... getta get you hooked on visiting here every day...  I love your visits... thanks always for stopping by... 

Okay.. here are some gate cards... 

 
Okay... so these are a little bit different than the average gate folded card... but hey... I am different anyway... right???  I cut a circle in the middle of the gate fold, to put a medallion there... what fun... love it... 
 
Also a challenge at this time in my life... doing something a little bit different keeps me on my toes all the time... 
 
A gate folded card is simply folded differently...  take a piece of paper... lets say 12 x 6... and with your score board score at 3 and 9 inches...  or make a score mark in that area using a ruler...  fold into the center... a gate card has now been created by YOU...  EASY... 

The center of the card then needs to be decorated.. have fun... here I used a piece of tea bag tile paper, created with using a half inch tile... really makes a nice background paper... you can create this with any of my tea bag tile kits... using the tile making program...  check it out on the medallion art blog... (to find that... scroll down on the right hand side of this blog and you will see the medallion art tag... click on it... another whole world of stuff) 
 

 
 
A Valentine card for my special Valentine... 
 

 
Inside medallion 
 
 
Did you enjoy this... are you going to make a gate card... hope you will... even if you have made tons of them... make another one... and try and make a circle that will let you see thru to something else... what fun for the person that receives this card...
 
Love life to the fullest...
Thanks for stopping by for a visit...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

No comments:

Post a Comment