Followers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Butterflies of Spring


Well Tim released his March tag… and I was a little bewildered as to what to do… I am not into browns at all… so this was a huge problem for me…  so I started off and made a couple of tags and really didn’t like the way that they carried the theme that Tim had created.

So back to the drawing board…

Then I decided to take my mind off that tag and worked on a few samples for classes that I will be teaching… and then all of a sudden it came to me…

My    NEW    LIQUID    PEARLS….
YES!!! That is it….
WOW!!! 
That was it… 
So I gathered them all up and started to play with them….

I cut out ( using a few Spellbinder dies) some butterflies…  and then I started to play with all the new Liquid pearls… Have you seen all the NEW colors???
They are yummy… and I got them ALL…..I am a little addicted to all these pretty things… so I had to HAVE them all… 
Anyway… I put different colors on each butterfly… and then came the hardest part…. Allowing them to DRY!!!!  I put them under the lamp and left my studio for a while.. that way I wouldn’t touch them…. My fingers get a little anxious…  I went and made some chocolate chip/walnut multi grain  cookies for my sweet hubby… he loved them. 

So after they were all dry, I started to STACK them up… and created three really pretty butterflies…  one didn’t quite make it onto this tag… but it did go on another tag to a friend… I will share that with you later… 

 
So here is my tag… 




 
I used kraft paper… and then ran it thru my Big Shot with Tim’s  Wood embossing folder… I don’t have that stamp…  and I filled up the entire tag with embossing… I have a little trick so that I can fill up a longer than needed space… so that is good…  After that, I used a couple of Distress ink pads to add more color to the wood … and then more glimmer by using Cappuccino Perfect Pearls mist….  Oh I love it… 

Can you see the glimmer on it??? It is really so happy.... 

 
Now you have to remember… I am NOT a person that likes using BROWNS…. So this is entirely out of the box for me in all ways…
 
( I had a few little tape measures on my work space… and glued them on the tag… just to get them off my work space.,.. LOL… )
 
Then made this pretty rose… again using Kraft paper… and when it was finished, I spritzed it with Cappuccino Perfect pearls mist… and did the same with the leaves… the leaf is my stamp, that I create from a sheet of eraser… cutting it out and using it over and over… 

I glued all the leaves down and then started to work on my butterflies…  where to put them….


 
I wanted to add some words… but didn’t want to add a lot of words… so I picked a nice idea-ology…  and wanted some more color…  so I embossed it with some Adirondack embossing powder… (lettuce and Bottle!!! Don’t’ you just love it??? ) 

Okay… so I added some seam binding… which I colored with some mini misters that had copper tones and of course browns… 

I think I really love the BROWNS….
And I LOVE my new Liquid Pearls…
Don’t’ forget to pick these up next time you are out shopping… in fact, make a special trip to get them… they are well worth it…
 I have to say that I am really excited about this tag... The glimmering of it is so very pretty... an all the colors really stand out... 


I did go out of the box and love the effects that I created...  


Hope that you will try something NEW... 
 It is always fun... 
This picture is not the best... a little dark... but wanted to share as much of this tag as possible... 


 
 This will show you the depth of the butterflies on the tag... they are really pretty... 

I love them...  
Well, we had severe tornadoes all around us last night... but we were lucky and they passed over us... so today is a new day and hopefully no more tornadoes warnings today...  Have a good one... create to your hearts content and enjoy it all... 
Thanks for stopping by for a visit... and please check out all the other tags on Tim's site....  they are so pretty... wish I had a faster speed so I could to to each site...  I would love to see each one up close and personal...  

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

2 comments:

  1. This is so shimmery-shiney and beautiful, Bonnie. Love the browns. Love the butterflies. Love the ribbons. Love the dimension. Oh heck. I love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, very nice interpretation! love the pops of color in the "woodland" scene. thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete