Followers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Alice in my Journal

 This month on Altered Alice the challenge is to use YELLOW... buttery yellow...  Well I used a lot of yellow on these pages... more than I usually do, that is for sure...  My journal is a real love of my life right now... I really get a good feeling when I am working in it...  right now we are getting some really heavy storms... and my head is splitting... so just coloring in my book is soothing... YES... I love it...  


 Okay... so above is the spread... but here are the pages up a little bit closer...  
On the far left is a page that I created using about 5- 6 steps... I start off with one technique and might not like the paper... so it goes into a pile... then I try another technique on it... and still dont' like it... or maybe it needs more... so it goes back into the same pile of paper... when it is ready to be used I use it... this piece had been sprayed, stenciled and stamped on many different layers... and was ready to be used... so I put that on the far left... Tweedle Dee and Dum seemed to like being put on top of JOY... so there they are...  The next section was a piece of water color paper that started off very softly and then I stenciled a few designs on it... and finally picked up a Liquid Pearl and drew on top of some of the leaves... what fun is that...  
I also went around some of the diamonds with Peacock Liquid Pearl too... and a dot in the center... love it ... and the look is GREAT.... 


On the right had side of the book 


 the rabbit is checking his watch... and going to start to run... but prior to doing that... I added a few background papers...  the one in towards the center of the book was embossed... and then I used liquid pearls on that too...  but prior to the pearls... I used a lot of dyes, spritzers, and even splattered some  gold Twinkling H20's on it...  I love the softness of the background of this piece of paper...  why am I so in love with some of these papers...  ???? I just find so much happiness and pleasure from not only making them... but also looking at them...  I love them... 
Okay... on the far right side of the page.... I have a very favorite background... many layers upon layers... using Tim's technique of spritzing inks onto the work sheet... then stenciling and then stamping... and then stamping some more...  with a few of the Impression Obsession 6x6 background stamps... LOVE those too...    Adding some Spellbinder panels of goodness and then making some cute little yellow flowers... for the CHALLENGE at Altered Alice...  Some Chit Chat words from Tim's new idea-ology section of fun toys... and a few more flowers on the border... DONE!!!!   I love it... I just might have to start an Alice Altered Journal... I think I will have too... but then this page will be over in another book...  yikes... what now???  

Well I have really enjoyed making some of these pages.. and will share some more with you next week...  so check back... 
Hope you are having a good week-end... and being creative at the same time... I have to spend some time in this studio this week... cleaning and getting rid of some things... I can't move!!!  I need to make room...  

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie  

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to The Altered Alice my friend! Love your art journal spread. Your papers are indeed a labor of love and it shows. I love all the layers and textures, and the touch of shimmer is really nice. Love the way the two pages balance each other across the spread. I am a Cover-a-Card addict, I don't even want to admit how many of those huge background stamps I own; I LOVE making my own patterned papers with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie! Such beautiful depth and texture you've achieved here. I can see why you're enjoying this so much. It's FABULOUS! Thanks for playing with us again at The Altered Alice. Hope you're feeling better. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Bonnie! I haven't been by your blog in some time and I see you're still creating some gorgeous work! This journal is filled with so much dimension, color and interesting details! Hope the storms pass quickly and you'll be feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete