Followers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Almond Fudge YUMMMMMM

This week for Just Rite Challenge I have made the following goodies... The challenge is to share recipe, share an idea for a cookie swap, all that kind of Christmas fun stuff... so I created this...
I will show you each piece indivisually also... and explain the whole set also.... I love to make fudge... but the mess and the time... ugh... but this recipe takes one bowl... and less than 5 minutes... okay the hardest part is waiting for it to chill in the freezer!!!  that is an hour... not fun... but make a card or something... LOL...

This whole set up is for a cookie exchange... the Stand up tag... is to put next to a plate filled with Almond fudge..... oh how wonderful it tastes... that is so that everyone knows what it is... and how 'sinfully delicious' it is... 
I used the Spellbinder die, with the paper folded so that it made a stand up small card...
And then used a couple of other layers to create the red and green background papers... which by the way are that wonderful core'dinations paper... love it...

On the very top... the Just rite stamp... except I didn't stamp the word JOY that is in the stamp... and I hand wrote the words Almond Fudge...
I colored the Just Rite stamps with Tombow markers... 

Black pearls are on the beaded oval...

Then... to put some samples in... so that everyone gets to take sme home... I made these fun little boxes...
Each box holds a couple of pieces of Fudge... that I wrapped prior to putting it into the freezer... You will understand that after you see how EASY it is to make this sinfully delicious FUDGE...
 Okay.... this is one of my very favorite-est Christmas papers... and last year Brenda found some and bought me a few extra sheets... I thank you again Brenda... I have one sheet left... ugh... I use it very sparingly to say the least... I just love it... It was made by Provo... so you know it is an old paper...

I used a paper punch by Blue Hill that has the cutest little birds on it... and cut is apart, so that a section was on each side of the box... and then put burgundy ribbon around the box in two directions... 
 Of course on the top of each BOX....

An adorable little tag of HOLLY... how special is that... Just Rite stamps seem to fit into every area of our lives... just look and see how many different places you can use them... You will be surprised... I just think this is the finishing touch to this adorable little box of Almond Fudge...

What do you think???

Cute or what... 

Here is the box done in another paper... and for the swap, I will most make each box different... choices are fun... each box though will have the same amount of Fudge!!! 

This box I used a piece of burgundy holly paper... and a dard green cardstock bottom... again I did use the same Blue Hill Punch on the bottom. 

Also used the same Holly stamp on the tag...

When something is perfect... why change it...


Right???

Now for the part you have been waiting for...
I know YOU....
You might think I don't... but I DO  know YOU... 

This is the recipe card...
Don't bother to copy this... I will have it below... and it is the ENTIRE long version...

Anyway.. .I used a few Label 17 by Spellbinder... adn created this recipe tag... which I will make one for each person to take home, along with thier little box of Fudge... On the top of the card... which does stick up a little bit higher... so that you can find the recipe easier... is the Spellbinder scalloped ovals... and in the center of the white one, I have used again the holly with the Almond Fedge that I wrote... Next thing on my list of stamps to buy are letters... I love those and have to get me some... that is for sure... but for now, this works... I used Tombow Markers to color it in.. 

Now for the recipe..

ALMOND FUDGE 

1 cup of almond butter        1 t. Vanilla
¼ Raw Agave                       ¼ cup Cacoa Powder
Mix …. Wrap in wax paper    Hard part 
Put in freezer for one hour    Cut and serve…

Okay… now I have added a few things from time
To time also… Like some chocolate chips… chopped
Up sunflower seeds, or any kinds of your favorite
Nuts or seeds… they are so wonderful in this…
I also have even put in some Gogi berries and dried
Cranberries… so have fun with this recipe… 

If you are using another type of ‘sugar’ I most likely
would add more… agave is a wonderful sweetner and
very sweet, so less can be used… which is good for us
in all ways..  try it… it is really delicious. 

When I make this, I do make it into a few different wraps,
as you most likely will eat all that you take out of the
freezer…. Otherwise you will be making this all the time… LOL..
It is delicious! ! ! ! 

The hardest part is really waiting for the fudge to freeze... and also not to eat the entire batch of it... 
Have fun making this... and enjoy giving it also... 

Hope you will have fun today... and take a look at the Challenge on Just Rite... add your recipe to the list and maybe you will win the newest of their STAMPS.... wow... what a gift... 

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... I really appreciate you coming by... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

7 comments:

  1. Awesome projects and a yummy recipe. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bonnie, what yummy projects and fudge. Beautiful papers, I can see why this is your fav. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little boxes to hold sweet little treats! Fabulous gift, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always....you've done it again. Makes great little "unexpected" gifts. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Fudge sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete